Looking for a quick breakdown for possible E85 swap

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
So I have been going back and forth lately with the idea of making a switch over to good ole E85. I am located in Nor Cal and E85 pumps are really starting to come alive all over my area. What I am looking to get from this is a simple break down of what I should look into buying to make the switch.

Here is my current setup:

Mustang GT
-Built Motor with H/C
-Vortech at 17psi
-Fuel system includes Fore twin hat, GT pumps, Lethal Dual FPDM, Wire upgrade kit, and 60's (stock lines, filter, and rails)

Car made 556hp on 91 pisswater and the DC was only ~85%

Wouldn't mind seeing this car in the 600's so I am hoping the golden gas will give it to me.

Thanks for the help

Ironhand

Banned
You need about 30% more fuel to use E85. At most you would need 1 more FGT pump and a set of 80lbers. You might be able to just bump the fuel pressure up with a set of 80lbers....

If it were me I would switch to return style, with 3 GSS342s, -10 feed, -8 return and all the Fore goodies. But that is what Im currently doing so Im alittle bias.. You can get away with doing alot less and still be fine.

Also, dont forget a tune.

GodStang

Established Member
If it were me I would switch to return style, with 3 GSS342s, -10 feed, -8 return and all the Fore goodies. But that is what Im currently doing so Im alittle bias.. You can get away with doing alot less and still be fine.

Also, dont forget a tune.

^ This!! If you want to stay Returnless than get a triple GT pump setup like the one I am selling. Also what fuel tank do you have?

You should be able to hit the 600rwhp mark with your mods and E85. Make sure you have enough fuel and a good E85 Tune.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The easiest way to go about your fuel system needs is to add a BAP, 80# injectors.

This will be enough to supply you the fuel you need to get into the 600's.

If you want to get to around 700, you might want to add a -8 line.

Anything after that and I would suggest looking into a return style fuel system.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Yeah I have been looking at my options on one side being stay returnless with the added mods you listed or sell my fuel system for the glenn's sleeper tank kit and go all out. I am wondering what my car would make dropping one more pulley size (~19/20psi) and switching over to E85 on a ~21 degree tune. Any ideas?

I wish there was a tuner out here that was confident with E85 and comfortable with running even a safe but still high powered tune.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Ok so I am strongly moving toward going through with the swap after winter.

Here is what I have gathered for what i would switch to:

-40A BAP
-80lb injectors (Tousley ford)
-Fore 10 micron filter
- -8 fuel hose

In terms of the fuel hose I am looking at the aeroquip lines that you ran 04sleeper but I am trying to figure out what fittings I would need to run from the fore hat to the rails. Also will the stock GT rails with that rubber crossover work for this or should I go with aftermarket ones?

Last edited:

bullittbuild

Established Member

-40A BAP
-Fore 10 micron filter
- -8 fuel hose

In terms of the fuel hose I am looking at the aeroquip lines that you ran 04sleeper but I am trying to figure out what fittings I would need to run from the fore hat to the rails. Also will the stock GT rails with that rubber crossover work for this or should I go with aftermarket ones?

The stock rails will not work you will need a set of aftermarket rails, I have a set of fore rails if your interested

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Yeah I have been looking at my options on one side being stay returnless with the added mods you listed or sell my fuel system for the glenn's sleeper tank kit and go all out. I am wondering what my car would make dropping one more pulley size (~19/20psi) and switching over to E85 on a ~21 degree tune. Any ideas?

I wish there was a tuner out here that was confident with E85 and comfortable with running even a safe but still high powered tune.
I can't help you there. If you were in Dallas I could easily help you.

-40A BAP
-Fore 10 micron filter
- -8 fuel hose

In terms of the fuel hose I am looking at the aeroquip lines that you ran 04sleeper but I am trying to figure out what fittings I would need to run from the fore hat to the rails.
You will need 4 straight fittings and whatever adapters for the Fore Fuel Filter to make it a -8 outlet and a Russell -8 to rail adapter from Summit or Jegs.

Also will the stock GT rails with that rubber crossover work for this or should I go with aftermarket ones?
I am running the stock rails with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread