Looking For A Meet

Nick01cobra

Established Member
I'm looking for a cruise night or a car meet with some people with similar cars. Maybe an SVTP meet? I don't want to hang out with the import or stance guys. I want to get together with some real gearheads. People that now something about cars. Would anyone else be interested?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Good luck with that! No such luck on this forum for a while.

What generally happens is someone will post about getting together and suggesting a date and time and the following happens:

Everyone states a different date they are available

Some can’t meet the date, because they’re getting a new antenna installed or some other work

Car won’t be ready

Not a good time

We just want a specific year cobra’s there

A car meet is not a concourse of elegance car meet! It's just a meet and greet. It doesn't matter if you didn't get your headers installed or SC etc for the meet! You don’t need a professional detail for a meet, just a clean car!!

HOW IT SHOULD GO

Someone needs to take to take control and be proactive. State a date and time, don’t ask for people's opinion or it will never come to fruition

People will come or not, very simple.

Just keeping it real, sorry!

Nick01cobra

Established Member
Good luck with that! No such luck on this forum for a while.

What generally happens is someone will post about getting together and suggesting a date and time and the following happens:

Everyone states a different date they are available

Some can’t meet the date, because they’re getting a new antenna installed or some other work

Car won’t be ready

Not a good time

We just want a specific year cobra’s there

A car meet is not a concourse of elegance car meet! It's just a meet and greet. It doesn't matter if you didn't get your headers installed or SC etc for the meet! You don’t need a professional detail for a meet, just a clean car!!

HOW IT SHOULD GO

Someone needs to take to take control and be proactive. State a date and time, don’t ask for people's opinion or it will never come to fruition

People will come or not, very simple.

Just keeping it real, sorry!
I agree completely. I just want to meet some of the guys and girls on this forum. The cars don't have to be show quality. Just look nice.

Nick01cobra

Established Member
So what we going to do? Maybe I just need to admit to the fact that the American muscle car scene is gone. It has left to the Midwest. All we have here are kids that don't know anything about their cars and Japanese imports. No one even works on their cars anymore. I remember about 20 years ago every one was meeting up somewhere. Now it's all gone. It's up to us to bring it back or we can just let the kids with their stanced out imports that don't know a thing about their cars take over and just let the California car scene die. California use to be the mecca for hot rods and muscle cars. Now it's gone. Thanks California. Sorry for the rant but unless someone can show me different, it's true. I have been trying to get something together for a while now. But it just doesn't work. Everyone is too busy or too worried about how awesome their car looks. It was thanks to car meets and older guys that I got into cars. I just want to give that to some kid that will be into this scene one day. Let's bring it back.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
There's usually some meets around me. But I'm down in San Diego. I can't always make it. Between work, school, and kids cars have to take a back seat at times. Doesn't mean I don't want to try and make it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Yeah there is nothing by me. Just import kids that rev, do burnouts, and attract cops. Or older guys that have to take their cars home around 6pm. Oh well. Out here it's a lost cause.

I stopped going to meets because it got old for me. Just turns into a drama fest and all these ricers showing up. I go to irwindale sometimes and hang out and watch some cars run. When my cars ever finished and I have time, I'll run it. You should come out to Dale some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Forum members seem to be too far spread out in CA for it to realistically happen outside of a huge event like Fab Fords.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Forum members seem to be too far spread out in CA for it to realistically happen outside of a huge event like Fab Fords.

Ya no lie. I'm out in the IE and the OP says he's in the valley. Where you at DHG? I've been avoiding FFF, too hot and too many people. I'm slowly turning into a hermit the older I become.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ya no lie. I'm out in the IE and the OP says he's in the valley. Where you at DHG? I've been avoiding FFF, too hot and too many people. I'm slowly turning into a hermit the older I become.

I'm in the AV.

mytjojo

Established Member
That's a shame, we used to throw events all the time and were open to all enthusiasts. had about 100 cars at the rose bowl once

Nick01cobra

Established Member
I stopped going to meets because it got old for me. Just turns into a drama fest and all these ricers showing up. I go to irwindale sometimes and hang out and watch some cars run. When my cars ever finished and I have time, I'll run it. You should come out to Dale some time.

Same here. I keep running into meets with drama and ricers. They don't want to talk about their cars and they keep them closed up like they are at a race or have something secret on their stock lowered Hondas. I miss going to LACR because it was close. I should go to Irwindale. Thank you for the invite. I may have to take you up on it sometime. My girlfriend and I are both into cars and just want to find something laid back and friendly.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Same here. I keep running into meets with drama and ricers. They don't want to talk about their cars and they keep them closed up like they are at a race or have something secret on their stock lowered Hondas. I miss going to LACR because it was close. I should go to Irwindale. Thank you for the invite. I may have to take you up on it sometime. My girlfriend and I are both into cars and just want to find something laid back and friendly.

Willow springs does drag nights, but its not the same a a true 1/8 or 1/4 mile drag strip.

Nick01cobra

Established Member
Willow springs does drag nights, but its not the same a a true 1/8 or 1/4 mile drag strip.
Oh ok. That's good to know. Just quite a drive for me and possibly out of my price range. Although I would like to race on the road race course. But for me I would like to get together and just hang out with some car people.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Oh ok. That's good to know. Just quite a drive for me and possibly out of my price range. Although I would like to race on the road race course. But for me I would like to get together and just hang out with some car people.

Its an extra 25 miles past where LACR was. Its like $15 to drag race, but ya its kinda far from simi.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

You have always been that way

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone set it up.

OR

When is next street legal drags or test n tune in Fontana?

We could meet there and do some friendly racing.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Looks like July 30th is the next Fontana day. I could probably get a few cars to race as well. Rattlesnake I got some spare slicks you can borrow! Let's do this!

Also Irwindale is more frequent being weekly Thursday and Friday. Fridays are easier to attend because I don't work Saturday's.

http://www.autoclubdragway.com/Tickets-and-Events/Street-Legal-Drags.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread