Looking for a mechanic in Socal

Darkseid

Hey I'm looking for someone in the Orange/LA county area that knows these motors inside out. I have a tick that starts after the engine warms up that I have not been able to pin point. I have gotten different answers from different shops. The car runs fine but it's just annoying. I think it might be one of the pistons. Looking for first hand experience dealing with said mechanic or shop. Thanks in advance.

william7635

Established Member
Hey I'm looking for someone in the Orange/LA county area that knows these motors inside out. I have a tick that starts after the engine warms up that I have not been able to pin point. I have gotten different answers from different shops. The car runs fine but it's just annoying. I think it might be one of the pistons. Looking for first hand experience dealing with said mechanic or shop. Thanks in advance.

I’ve always trusted GTR High Performance, but they’re in Rancho Cucamonga. Another company I’ve used is Hillbank in Irvine.

Two others that you might want to research:

Performance Mustang - Hawaiian Gardens
Mustangs and Fast Fords - Santa Ana

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
where is AED in relation to you?

I dont really think a piston would cause a noise when cold, its not like these cars have piston slap issues. I'd vote for a lifter or timing chain tensioner being slow to pump up but Ive been wrong before

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
Ricardo at GTR performance in Rancho or Eddie at addiction in simi valley.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Darkseid

Thanks guys. I'll look into those. I already replaced the tensioners and chain guides. My next move is to try replacing the lash adjusters. If that doesn't do it... maybe the valve guides? I've done all the testing that can be done without opening the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread