Looking for a 6.2L Raptor owner interested in a camshaft swap... **discounted price**

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Livernois Motorsports is looking for a customer with a 2010-11 6.2L Raptor interested in doing a camshaft swap.

This install will be shot for a two-part magazine technical article. Typically, when we do an install like this, we need some extra time, because the photographer likes to document every move we make.

In exchange for use of your truck, the package will be heavily discounted and your name will be mentioned in the magazine.

For the first part of the article, we are going to install a set of Ford Racing Raptor XT camshafts, springs, and custom dyno tune to see what kind of power we can achieve with everything else being factory stock.

To get the most power out of the camshafts, we believe the truck will also need longtube headers and a cold air kit; this would be the second part of the article.

The estimated cost of parts and labor to the customer would be $4,925.00. This price is highly discounted from the normal retail price.

If interested, please contact me via pm here or by email at [email protected]

The first person to contact me with a deposit will be selected.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

TargeT

Established Member
so lets say $1,400 for the exhaust components (LT headers and a catless Xpipe) and 300ish for the intake.. (round it up to 2k) so the the remaining 3,000 is labor and a cam shaft?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
so lets say $1,400 for the exhaust components (LT headers and a catless Xpipe) and 300ish for the intake.. (round it up to 2k) so the the remaining 3,000 is labor and a cam shaft?

Normal retail on this package with parts and labor is going to be around $8,000-$8,500.

We should have results soon. I had a customer jump on the offer and have a deposit.

Thank you,

Rick

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
Any reason why FRPP made cams that will not work on this engine in stock form? I mean its a brand new engine, not too many people will be doing shortblock builds this early in the game.

SOCOMech

Established Member
Any reason why FRPP made cams that will not work on this engine in stock form? I mean its a brand new engine, not too many people will be doing shortblock builds this early in the game.

These cams (not exact ones mind you) were originally used in the Raptor R's 6.2, so the differences from a factory stock 6.2 are probably to blame.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member

We've built several 6.2L shortblocks and longblocks for Raptor customers, but as SOCOMech said, these cams were developed by Ford for a different application.

-Rick

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
We've built several 6.2L shortblocks and longblocks for Raptor customers, but as SOCOMech said, these cams were developed by Ford for a different application.

-Rick

So they did not make any drop in cams for the stock 6.2L engine? You could by cams for any other ford car or truck (V8) as soon as you drove it off the lot. What gives :shrug:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
So they did not make any drop in cams for the stock 6.2L engine? You could by cams for any other ford car or truck (V8) as soon as you drove it off the lot. What gives :shrug:

No, they don't offer drop in cams at this time. We ground a set of custom cams and have a truck coming in within the next few weeks to test them.

-Rick

Users who are viewing this thread