Looking for 540 RWHP for my 04 Cobra...

40mpgH8r

Cobra Newb
Established Member
Dyno'd a month ago and I'm at 440 w/ my mods in my Signature. Looks like every cobra owner on here is over 650hp and/or they've changed the internals for something (cams, heads, etc.). I'm not looking for that right now. Haha.
After weeks of researching I'm most likely thinking:

VMP 2.3L 3.0 (maybe 3.2) pulley w/ Accufab Sbtb

I've been reading the FUEL FAQs and I'm assuming I'll be okay with (for now):

BAP, 40# injectors?, and Lethal Performance wiring upgrade kit

I know I'll be itching for more power at a later date. I'll be doing the work myself, so which fuel pump upgrade had the fewest headaches for you installers?? dual Ford GT Pumps?? Any drop-in fuel pump upgrade kits with a little wiring modications I don't know about? Thanks for any help, guys.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Honestly 540 seems like a "goofy" spot if you ask me....

You can make close to that 510+ rwhp with a ported blower and lower pulley.

If you swap blowers you might as well go at least 600+ or 19 psi+ because if not I hear you won't have the low end snap of the torquey eaton

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'd go with 60lb injectors at least. I'm running twin GT pumps in an 04 tank with no issues. I did the wire upgrade.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
On the throttle body, the general consensus seems to be that there are better options than the Accufab. Specifically either Dragon or Billetflow. I'm a little higher HP than you currently and not really sure what I'll do in the future, ported eaton or aftermarket. I do know this forum is full of people that regret ever going ported eaton because they later ended up going aftermarket and feel like they wasted time and money. I'm really not that unhappy with my power, but it's almost like people see a nice terminator and expect 600whp. I'm likely going to pick up a few things over the winter that will support either and decide in the spring.

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
60lb injectors for sure, you can make 540 with a good tune, a posi port or good steg. port, ported tb and elbow, with a few other supporting mods. I would go for 600 myself and def the TVS

40mpgH8r

Cobra Newb
Established Member
Honestly 540 seems like a "goofy" spot if you ask me....

If you met me in person, you'd find out I'm a goofy guy. Haha.

On the throttle body, the general consensus seems to be that there are better options than the Accufab. Specifically either Dragon or Billetflow. I'm a little higher HP than you currently and not really sure what I'll do in the future, ported eaton or aftermarket. I do know this forum is full of people that regret ever going ported eaton because they later ended up going aftermarket and feel like they wasted time and money. I'm really not that unhappy with my power, but it's almost like people see a nice terminator and expect 600whp. I'm likely going to pick up a few things over the winter that will support either and decide in the spring.

I haven't heard any of the tb info you just mentioned. Yes though, I've seen plenty of people seem to be selling their ported eatons on here because they are going aftermarket and I'd like to not waste the time/money. I'm also about to start picking up a few things this winter which is why I was trying to get some info from people.

Thanks for the info guys.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
what numbers did you get with the TVS? I'm piecing together mine and have read your entire thread when you did the original swap with the H122 and am curious to see how the 2013 tvs did on your car since that is a stepping stone I will eventually take.

Zemedici

Established Member
from what I've read M122 about 540-550 on a good tune.

But OP you can get a KB and get 600+ (most expensive @ 3k or so)

M122 kit for 540. ($1000+)

Ported Eaton w/ pulley and get 510 ($6-700)

Need 60# injectors, KB BAP (which you have), and a decent tuner. Could always do some extra HP mods (full exhaust-(headers, O/R midpipe, catback), minor motor work, etc.

Last edited:

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
from what I've read M122 about 540-550 on a good tune.

But OP you can get a KB and get 600+ (most expensive @ 3k or so)

M122 kit for 540. ($1000+)

Ported Eaton w/ pulley and get 510 ($6-700)

Need 60# injectors, KB BAP (which you have), and a decent tuner. Could always do some extra HP mods (full exhaust-(headers, O/R midpipe, catback), minor motor work, etc.

I made 570 on the aggressive tune with bad plugs and 550 on the easy tune

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
what numbers did you get with the TVS? I'm piecing together mine and have read your entire thread when you did the original swap with the H122 and am curious to see how the 2013 tvs did on your car since that is a stepping stone I will eventually take.

I'm expecting 650 rwhp. It should be getting tuned next month

Users who are viewing this thread