Looking for 20 more RWHP

battchief05

Established Member
I added LTs, Catted X-Pipe, 2.4 Pulley, JLT CAI, and SCT Tune to my 13 GT500. On the Dyno the result was 680 RWHP. I'm looking for 700. I plan on swapping out the Throttle Body and Inlet Tube along with an oil separator. What other Bolt-Ons would give me 700?? I've been around the forum for a while and learned a lot from all of the information presented. Nice to meet everyone. Thanks!

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Get your T/B ported by someone that knows what they are doing. should be 25-30 hp gain.
T/B is a major bottle neck on our cars more so then the intakes.
Got a quote from steig and it seems pretty fair.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I added LTs, Catted X-Pipe, 2.4 Pulley, JLT CAI, and SCT Tune to my 13 GT500. On the Dyno the result was 680 RWHP. I'm looking for 700. I plan on swapping out the Throttle Body and Inlet Tube along with an oil separator. What other Bolt-Ons would give me 700?? I've been around the forum for a while and learned a lot from all of the information presented. Nice to meet everyone. Thanks!

Ford Racing Dual 65MM Throttle body should get you there. The OEM throttle body is too small and doesn't flow enough air. I picked up 30 RWHP with a stock intake with just a throttle body. Money well spent and it should get you where you want to be.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Agree with Van, its the best bang for the buck mod you can do. Van have you seen some of the port results from stiegemeier with the stock t/b ports? For 250 bucks you get 25 hp is pretty impressive all while keeping it as close to stock as possible. Think he offers a stage 3 port thats 35 hp too.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Agree with Van, its the best bang for the buck mod you can do. Van have you seen some of the port results from stiegemeier with the stock t/b ports? For 250 bucks you get 25 hp is pretty impressive all while keeping it as close to stock as possible. Think he offers a stage 3 port thats 35 hp too.

No I have not. Most guys like the billet aluminum Ford Racing Logo on their throttle and intake. I have not spoken to a single person running a ported throttle body.

aksvt

Established Member
Van,

Was your gain of 30hp with or without tune? I have been following a thread where seems a few members have been running the tb on there stock tune and noticed a nice gain without any issues. I like this idea (for the short term) before the flash.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
TB...done and more.
Would be cool for you to do that alone, redyno and report back, I'd guess 30rwhp easy with those mods and a stock TB.
BPS elbow and TB if you want to max it, twin 65mm FRPP for guaranteed proven results.
-J

battchief05

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. As soon as the weather gets warm enough I plan on the 65mm Throttle Body and another Dyno run. Will post results. C'mon Spring!

Van@RevanRacing

Van,

Was your gain of 30hp with or without tune? I have been following a thread where seems a few members have been running the tb on there stock tune and noticed a nice gain without any issues. I like this idea (for the short term) before the flash.

I had a tune on the car for performance only measuring the differences between stock intake, resonator delete with OEM tb and then FRPP. We didn't re-flash for the throttle and it picked up the power with the OEM throttle calibration and the same tune. There are gains to be had with an FRPP Dual 65MM TB and no ECU flash. It flows more air. :beer:

aksvt

Established Member
I had a tune on the car for performance only measuring the differences between stock intake, resonator delete with OEM tb and then FRPP. We didn't re-flash for the throttle and it picked up the power with the OEM throttle calibration and the same tune. There are gains to be had with an FRPP Dual 65MM TB and no ECU flash. It flows more air. :beer:

Thanks Van, Ill add one too the list.

Users who are viewing this thread