Looking at buying Matthayn's old Mach 1 aluminator...

Christianmiller456

Established Member
Like the title says, Im brand new here and I have ran across the Mach 1 that was built by Matthayn with the aluminator and ported eaton e85 set up a couple years ago. I found it on craigslist and all the photos there can be found here as well. Im setting up a test drive for this weekend. Ill let yall know how it goes. I was told that it still hasnt been dynoed but listing said 700rwhp, which i know isnt close to reality but it is built to handle that and then some. Any help would be appreciated with info about it if anyone knows anything. If its a scam then I'm in the market for a highly modified terminator, but I havent had any negative assumptioms about anything, the guy is always nice and willing to explain any questions i might have. Thanks and Im very happy to be a paet of the fastest car club around lol.

Christianmiller456

Established Member
I think so too man! Thank you very much! Im going to pick it up next tuesday. Its the coolest Mustang I could find in my price range. There are plenty of really nice cobras around, but that Mach 1 is so unique and has more power than I will ever need, which is exactly why Im getting it lol. Idk any mustang clubs currently close to where I am but will be looking for one. Cant wait to start going to shows with it... my dreams are met and then some with this car!

Recon

Established Member
Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.
Very cool. So Eaton still? Slap the new VMP 2.65L blower and call it good with a stock pulley. Kidding. Enjoy that car!
I consider putting my NOS Aluminator in my Mach but decided to save the original engine.

Pick your poison.

Christianmiller456

Established Member
That is the truth! There are a million choices for these cars for more power, its great! Ive been pricing some whipples lol, but im going to drive it awhile and get used to it before I start adding more, its already got more power than anything I've ever owned lol. I have a few plans for it myself in the future but for the most part Matt built an awesome car that spoke to my soul lol, and there isnt really much more I could really do to it to make it better than what it already is. Im gonna have to figure out a away to raise the oil pan or get thicker tires in the front cause the pan is pretty low, but thats the only thing I'm gonna have to watch out for. Ive never driven a 4 valve, I'm coming from a C5 base model vette, or at least thats all Ive owned to compare this too, but it was never really near as fast as this car is. Recon, thank you for the advice, I had no idea TVS had a new blower out, that would be perfect to top this build off. Is your Mach supercharged? Thanks for the warm welcome yall! Ill be at both Rod Runs this year in this car, it would be cool to meet some other folks from here out there this summer!

Christianmiller456

Established Member
Ive been following a guy on Youtube, his channel is called BREW2L VLOGS, and hes from south alabama and Ive been thinking about taking the car down there to see if I could get a few seconds of it on one of his videos lol. If yall havent seen any of his stuff its well worth your time to check him out, its the best mustang channel on youtube that ive found yet...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on your (almost) new purchase. That Mach sounds perfect for you. I like that you're initial plan is to drive it like it is for awhile before entertaining any new mods. That tact will help you avoid wasting money on impulse mods. And welcome to SVTPerformance!

Christianmiller456

Established Member
Thank you very much! It is an honor for sure! Ive been saving for this for 2 years, and stalking it on craigslist for 2 months lol. There were alot of really nice Cobras I looked into, even a Terminator swapped 98 with IRS, but this one just got to me lol. Ive read these forums for years dreaming, its a blessing to finally be a part of it. In 2005 I graduated high school and after a party one Friday night me and a few friends went to Waffle House, and I stood outside about 50 feet from an almost brand spankin new Terminator, the driver rolled down his window and asked me if I had a problem and was kinda upset lol... but he took me for a ride in it and Ill never forget the power that thing had! I never knew the mods but it was the fastest car I had ever sat in.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to meeting new frinds and checking out some awesome cars! The best part about this is I can stop working so much overtime and just enjoy life for a while, own my dream car, get married to a hot safe good girl, cause my ex wife was a Corvette chasing blonde that suckered me into being her 5th old man in the most carnal ways possible lol... haha... I like joking a little bit, hope its cool lol.

Recon

Established Member
That is the truth! There are a million choices for these cars for more power, its great! Ive been pricing some whipples lol, but im going to drive it awhile and get used to it before I start adding more, its already got more power than anything I've ever owned lol. I have a few plans for it myself in the future but for the most part Matt built an awesome car that spoke to my soul lol, and there isnt really much more I could really do to it to make it better than what it already is. Im gonna have to figure out a away to raise the oil pan or get thicker tires in the front cause the pan is pretty low, but thats the only thing I'm gonna have to watch out for. Ive never driven a 4 valve, I'm coming from a C5 base model vette, or at least thats all Ive owned to compare this too, but it was never really near as fast as this car is. Recon, thank you for the advice, I had no idea TVS had a new blower out, that would be perfect to top this build off. Is your Mach supercharged? Thanks for the warm welcome yall! Ill be at both Rod Runs this year in this car, it would be cool to meet some other folks from here out there this summer!

You always have to play (mod) with the cars. I wouldn’t mind having a C5. They get incredible mileage for what they are, but not a fan of the FRC C5. The 2.65L isn’t out yet but, I believe the release date is sometime in June for VMP’s model.
My car isn’t supercharged, nor will it ever have a power adder in my possession. It has Kooks longtubes, and 97 Cobra cams (temporary solution until I find the unicorn I’m searching for). That’s all I have planned engine wise. I have a restoration thread in this section if you want to check it out.

Pick your poison.

Christianmiller456

Established Member
On page 8 is his build thread. You can see just how nice the car is put together, not to mention one of the nicest looking machs out there. He use to post alot on M1R.
Brother thank you for the kind words! I havent seen M1R but I did happen to find the build thread for it on here before I decided to buy it lol. Ive been researching so much for so long that when i initially found it I thought it was too good to be true lol, but after reading the sale thread and the build thread I knew I had found the car for me. The add on craigslist said that the car made close to 700rwhp with e85 and the ported eaton, whether that is the case or not Im not sure but will be finding out soon. No matter what, the car was built to handle that and so much more, and I feel the exact same way about the Mach as you do, its the best looking new edge Ive found. I love me some cobras, but this Mach 1 is more than amazing! Im just having to wait for the check to be verified before I can bring it home, I feel like Im expecting a child lmao!

Users who are viewing this thread