Looking at a Mystichrome Terminator, Value?

poof100

Established Member
I'm looking at a 2004 Mystichrome Convertible Terminator. Original owner, 17k miles or so and bone stock.

No accidents, but has had the steering rack replaced twice for some reason.

Thoughts on Value of the car and a fair price?

Thanks

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
25k probably is worth alittle more, I would try to get it for around 20k but that probably will not happen unless the owner is clueless. good luck

poof100

Established Member
25k probably is worth alittle more, I would try to get it for around 20k but that probably will not happen unless the owner is clueless. good luck

Ok thanks, I was figuring around 23-25k, but shooting more for 23k. Thanks for the advice!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I can't imagine you getting this car for anything less than $25k, but every time you see that magical paint, you'll know it was money well spent!

dom418

Established Member
Ok thanks, I was figuring around 23-25k, but shooting more for 23k. Thanks for the advice!

I think you are right on the money, just don't go paying upper 20's for it. Look the car over well for chips etc. That is what has kept me away from this color. Although beautiful, paint touch ups are a nightmare.

masterjr33

Established Member
the shop that did my new nose kept some paint around for him to play with. and for me some touch ups later.

poof100

Established Member
I can't imagine you getting this car for anything less than $25k, but every time you see that magical paint, you'll know it was money well spent!

I think you are right on the money, just don't go paying upper 20's for it. Look the car over well for chips etc. That is what has kept me away from this color. Although beautiful, paint touch ups are a nightmare.

the shop that did my new nose kept some paint around for him to play with. and for me some touch ups later.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the insight and comments.

I went and saw the car and drove it last night. I'd say its an "8" out of 10 on my attention to detail. It needs a good professional detail and a good engine cleaning but otherwise a clean stock car. However, it has a few scratches on the front and rear bumpers, nothing major, but there. My 2 biggest gripes are around the Hood and Drivers seat though. The hood definitely has a good amount of "chips" and road rash on the front, just small nicks and chips, something my OCD didn't like. lol.

Also on the Driver's seat, on the flat bottom part, almost near the back part of the seat, one of the material "wrinkles" has actually started to split. I wouldn't say it's a tear in the seat, but definitely some separation on the wrinkle and in the material. Those are the Cons of the car. The Pros are that it's a 1 owner car that hasn't been beat on and from how the chassis looks, has hardly ever seen rain etc. Body is straight, no door dings etc.

I'd say its a fair sale at 23K, not sure I'd go any more than 24k on it.

Car drove well and pulled pretty well for a stock 2004 car. It's hard to judge though, as I'm coming from a highly modified Turbo Boss and a 13 GT500 lol.

Thanks again!

poof100

Established Member
Here are 2 pics of the Seat. Looks like TMI only sells the full seats and not just the covers:

20140920_172902_Resize.jpg20140920_172908_Resize.jpg

TK Doom

Established Member
Is the owner reall large or something?

neither of my driver seats (at 160k and 44k) have any rips...plenty of wrinkles, but no rips, but i'm only 170lbs.

Maybe he said in it with keys or something in his back pocket...that happened to me in my SLK.

bigmoose

Established Member
Here are 2 pics of the Seat. Looks like TMI only sells the full seats and not just the covers:

Those are not mystichrome seats. The center section should be mystichrome, these look plain blue. The sides should be black/charcoal, these are blue as well.

poof100

Established Member
Is the owner reall large or something?

neither of my driver seats (at 160k and 44k) have any rips...plenty of wrinkles, but no rips, but i'm only 170lbs.

Maybe he said in it with keys or something in his back pocket...that happened to me in my SLK.

Well I wouldn't say "extremely large", but he wasn't 170lbs either lol. I think he said he maybe had something in his pocket, he couldn't remember etc.

Those are not mystichrome seats. The center section should be mystichrome, these look plain blue. The sides should be black/charcoal, these are blue as well.

i think its just the picture

I thought so too but the bolsters are not black. Maybe the photo is weird...

They are Mystichrome seats and it's a real mystichrome. Just odd lighting with a cell phone camera. Plus those pics were trying to highlight the "tear" more in the seat etc.

Here's a better shot of the Seats to see they are real:
20140920_172631_Resize.jpg

Here's a shot of the Hood and this is basically all across the hood in some fashion. I couldn't get around this and decided to pass on the car. Thanks for all of the advice and help.
20140920_172830_Resize.jpg

20140920_172806_Resize.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
If i'm buying a 17k mile car its gonna be a gem, not like this one. Just my opinion though.

smokastang

Established Member
Not to hijack your thead . Im looking at a mystic coupe with 5k miles pullied and the ussual stuff wondering what is fair price for it

Users who are viewing this thread