Input shaft, throwout bearing, pistons, rings & even flow cooling mod:
Packagebg.jpg

MONDO-sized canton intercooler fluid tank:
CantonTankbg.jpg

JE Pistons:
PistonIIbg.jpg

(underside)
PistonIIIbg.jpg

I went ahead and decided to paint the blower and valve covers semi-gloss black. I'll paint the coil covers red before everything goes back on:

Blower.jpg

ValveCover.jpg

I have the ARP studs coming in soon and that'll complete the stuff that needs to come in. Heads have been decked and the valve job is complete. Just needed the pistons to come in to bore/hone the cylinders (.020 over).

Driving around with my girlfriend (live with her) is cool, but the fury of the Jeep Liberty has it's limits..hehe

Time to get back into the snake.:rockon:

-N

Last edited:

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
Feels good to have everything in (except for the ARP studs....on back order).

For those that didn't know, I fried two pistons (CLICK HERE). Well, the dyno operator at a local dyno-shop did. Before you comment read through the story carefully. :)

All I did with the blower and valve covers is use brake parts cleaner to remove all the oil and dirt. Once they were clean, I scuffed them up a bit with the scotch-brite green pads. I then applied some $2.50 "Primer in a can" and laid down some "4.00" rattle can semi-gloss black. I used about 3-4 coats.

I'm not sure how these pistons will make a difference, especially going .020 over. I'm not real tech-savvy when it comes to internals of motors. I know the car will feel better with the new clutch, but power-wise, I was around 515rwhp or so "pre blowup". so....I hope to be at least there.

I haven't set foot in a snake since Sept 3rd :(. I know most of you guys go longer with winter and all, but I live in a tropical climate where we look forward to winter to run. hehehe I'm just dyin to get back into that car!!

WoOooO!
rockon.gif

-N

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now there's a nice sized bunch of mods. You're gonna be busy for a few days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread