Longtubes now installed....

MACHSELF

Established Member
Holy *hit! Big difference by the seat of the pants!. Old dyno was 311 / 320. New dyno w/ Longtubes are 339 / 344! 28RWHP GAIN!!! Extremely happy with the results. :beer:

MattN03

03RCODE
Established Member
Wow, nice gains. Has anyone else seen gains like that? That's 28 HP & 24 FT/LB gain. Can you post your dyno graph Machself?

Fosters

Established Member
can you post the dyno sheet(s)? I'm curious how much it improved breathing up top.

did you have a midpipe before the long tubes or did you go straight from factory cats (or even high flow aftermarket) to the LTs?

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
03azuremach said:
Badass, thats around 370 to 380 at the flywheel. With just bolt on's

If your drivetrain eats up 15% of your engine power, then 339 rwhp translates to 398.82 bhp.

If your drivetrain eats up 12% of your engine power, then 339 rwhp translates to 385.23 bhp.

Isn't the general rule of thumb that your drivetrain eats up 15% of your engine power?

Angus

Established Member
MACHSELF said:
Holy *hit! Big difference by the seat of the pants!. Old dyno was 311 / 320. New dyno w/ Longtubes are 339 / 344! 28RWHP GAIN!!! Extremely happy with the results. :beer:

Nice power gains! :thumbsup:

I'm curious though - are the Dyno numbers STD or SAE???

Seem kinda high to be SAE... :dw:

Shade04

Established Member
Angus said:
Nice power gains! :thumbsup:

I'm curious though - are the Dyno numbers STD or SAE???

Seem kinda high to be SAE... :dw:
I thought they seemed kinda high too :dw:

01TrueBlueCobra

Established Member
Machself: I see you also live in San Diego - can you pass Smog with the longtubes?

You should bring your car to the SVTOA meeting Thursday night at Drew Ford. PM if you need more details.

MACHSELF

Established Member
01TrueBlueCobra said:
Machself: I see you also live in San Diego - can you pass Smog with the longtubes?

You should bring your car to the SVTOA meeting Thursday night at Drew Ford. PM if you need more details.
HELL NO.... :cryying:

MACHSELF

Established Member
wurd2 said:
If your drivetrain eats up 15% of your engine power, then 339 rwhp translates to 398.82 bhp.

If your drivetrain eats up 12% of your engine power, then 339 rwhp translates to 385.23 bhp.

Isn't the general rule of thumb that your drivetrain eats up 15% of your engine power?
True. 398.82HP.... I can't wait to run the car! It feels very fast on the street. I took a member here for a ride when he came by my house and purchased a Victor Intake for his '94 Racecar. Emilio, was the car a ripper or not? I had rubber with Emilio in the car in 4th gear. Not a chirp, the rearend went out to the left at 100mph. My balls shriveled!! :beer: I have drag raced for years and I can tell you this car is 11's capable on a slick.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Headers give your car a great sounding exhaust as well. Did you see how restrictive the stock headers are? It's no wonder you can pick up a great deal by removing the factory junk. Congrats.

Keith.red.mach1

Established Member
That seems like typical gains from what I have been reading.

Your before numbers are high to begin with.

What brand did you go with? How much was install?

Users who are viewing this thread