longtime lurker first time posting

ttocs

I have been surfing through here from time to time but since I only have a GT with a bunch of work with some cobra parts I have always just hung out. Back in aug I got a ticket to take 3 laps on a track with a 2020 gt500 with extreme driving experience and LOVED IT... Just the sound it made was enough to make me grin but the feeling of endless power was amazing.

I already got a ticket for it next year to drive the 911 GT2RS. I had a 1 pm drive time which was perfect because the took a 1 hour break for lunch at 12 and had the cars all lined up for us to get in and drool over. While talking to the drivers there they said the 911 was their favorite and I wanted to try something a little more exotic this time. I had a hard time not doing the lamborghini as that thing sounded wicked...

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Looks like you had a blast. I can imagine you were a little amped up. The GT2 would be amazing to drive.

I can't believe I haven't done one of those driving experiences before.

ttocs

it was expensive as I am not a rich man, but it was a complete adrenaline dump that was worth every penny. In reality though a chance to drive a dream car full speed is a bucket list even in my opinion. I will probably never get the chance to sit in one and make racecar sounds ever again so I am glad the video is there. Talking to their drivers they said the gt2rs was a racecar you can drive on the street where all the others were street cars suped for the track. Now that I know the track a little better I am looking forward to trying out the handling on the 911 for sure.

They are running 30% off, and after you get one car they will send you a code to get a 2nd at discont if you want. If I absolutely could not afford it I would ask for it for christmas.

ttocs

I don't know that the sound will give me the same evil grin the gt500 did because that thing sounded f'ing wicked. I liked it so much that I have been grinning every time my phone rings since as it now makes the sound of the flyby at the 7:27 mark. I could see about sharing that ringtone if anyone wants it. But I am looking forward to really testing the handling on it with the all wheel drive and all wheel steering and having actually been on the track before. I was honestly so afraid that the back end of the shelby was just going to start smoking and sent me off track that I really didn't start to feel a little more confident in it till about half way through the 2nd lap. The more I gave it the more it went and just never stopped accelerating.

If I can figure out how I will post some pics of mine, or you can check it out on IG @ ttocs388

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I have been surfing through here from time to time but since I only have a GT with a bunch of work with some cobra parts I have always just hung out. Back in aug I got a ticket to take 3 laps on a track with a 2020 gt500 with extreme driving experience and LOVED IT... Just the sound it made was enough to make me grin but the feeling of endless power was amazing.

I already got a ticket for it next year to drive the 911 GT2RS. I had a 1 pm drive time which was perfect because the took a 1 hour break for lunch at 12 and had the cars all lined up for us to get in and drool over. While talking to the drivers there they said the 911 was their favorite and I wanted to try something a little more exotic this time. I had a hard time not doing the lamborghini as that thing sounded wicked...
Glad you had fun!

What you doing over here? Welcome though

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're going to spend money you may as well spend it on something you'll NEVER forget. Your next track venture will surely be epic. Looking forward to hearing how much fun you have.

ttocs

Glad you had fun!

What you doing over here? Welcome though
I get around from time to time. I thought I was told that you are pretty serious about cobra/svt only and I respected that so I never posted. I thought I would share the shelby though since I know everyone here could appreciate it
Welcome! Glad to have you here!
thanks
If you're going to spend money you may as well spend it on something you'll NEVER forget. Your next track venture will surely be epic. Looking forward to hearing how much fun you have.
I have watched the video countless times and it is something I will never forget. A true bucket list event that could only get better if I got a few more laps.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
That was almost as great to watch as it must have been to drive! Looks like you had an absolute blast. Thanks for posting this!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I get around from time to time. I thought I was told that you are pretty serious about cobra/svt only and I respected that so I never posted. I thought I would share the shelby though since I know everyone here could appreciate it. thanks. I have watched the video countless times and it is something I will never forget. A true bucket list event that could only get better if I got a few more laps.
Darn right we can appreciate seeing your GT-500!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Can I offer a suggestion?

For the price of 3-4 laps in one of those cars, you could be out at the track with your car all day with NASA or SCCA or even open lapping (although I do recommend seat time with instructors, they are worth it).

I don't know anything about your GT but unless it's setup for drag racing, you are really a set of aggressive pads and a brake fluid flush away in most cases for it to be able to lap, especially with a new driver.

ttocs

Can I offer a suggestion?

For the price of 3-4 laps in one of those cars, you could be out at the track with your car all day with NASA or SCCA or even open lapping (although I do recommend seat time with instructors, they are worth it).

I don't know anything about your GT but unless it's setup for drag racing, you are really a set of aggressive pads and a brake fluid flush away in most cases for it to be able to lap, especially with a new driver.
my gt has been a long build but it was built to be used and I plan on doing as much with it as I can. I just got it running with the vortech and started to open it up when the stock trans started making some unhappy noises. I swapped in a t56 magnum and just finally got that all worked out and I am starting to drive it finally now. I just need to learn the car now as with the added power and the 6 speed it feels like a completely different car. My mother actually picked up the 94 when it was new and I have always been so comfortable in it after driving it for so long that I need to relearn it before I get it on a track.

This track day is more like a bucket list event for me. We just do not see many cool cars in southern indiana and I certainly do not have friends cool enough to have these cars. Just like you recommended me trying my car I have to say that everyone should try this out.

Users who are viewing this thread