Long tube headers, which Primary size is 'best'?

talonderiel

Established Member
I wonder if we could get a dino of all the Kooks headers for comparison to each other, but then again we aint all independently wealthy. :lol1:

Eng90

Established Member
Plz shaun be kind more than you already are and show us a the difference on the dymo chart between the torque curve between the arh and the kooks .. i wanna know how minor or major it is.

And regarding the dyno chart u shown .. u said two cars with same mods, fuel and timing and different primary size... wouldn't you get more gain or show difference if u did the adjustment in tune for each of the different primary header ?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I was already pretty sold on the 1 3/4" kooks for my Boss before I saw this thread... and a tune from Shaun. Sounds like I was going the right direction ;)

Buying both this week hopefully.

GBCoyote

Established Member
So the general consensus for a supercharged application running E85 all the time is Kooks 1 3/4ths?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So the general consensus for a supercharged application running E85 all the time is Kooks 1 3/4ths?

i would not put the 1 3/4 on a power adder car, for a normal s/c car, i'd run 1 7/8, for a 1000 wheel, 2", we run a 2, to 2 1/8 to 2 1/4 stepped

but we only run 7.7s so what do we know about making power

GBCoyote

Established Member
i would not put the 1 3/4 on a power adder car, for a normal s/c car, i'd run 1 7/8, for a 1000 wheel, 2", we run a 2, to 2 1/8 to 2 1/4 stepped

Thanks, this will be forthcoming for me soon.

CPRsm

Aren't headers supposed to be stepped down as the leave the head, not stepped up? The gas cools as contracts as it leaves the head. Smaller diameter maintains velocity despite cooling. Going up will just expand, cool and slow gas and potentially stall it.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Making the switch from BBK 1-3/4" to Kooks 1-7/8" headers soon. I had the BBK's installed before i decided to go FI so should be interesting to see if I gain anything.

KP_510

Established Member
Anyone have any experience with JBA LTH? Trying to choose between those and Stainless Power headers. Both will be paired with O/R X pipe

GBCoyote

Established Member
Making the switch from BBK 1-3/4" to Kooks 1-7/8" headers soon. I had the BBK's installed before i decided to go FI so should be interesting to see if I gain anything.

Please try to dyno before/after. I know it'll be a waste of 50 bucks or so, but data like that is fairly important and will be for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread