Long Tube Header Fix With PICTURES! No More bad 02's!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
My car threw the 2626 and 2191. I'm pretty sure that its due to the sensor placement. This is the second time I have gotten the 2626 code. Did you have any issues with the tune changing the sensor placement?

No issues with the tune, it was moved back about an inch.

im about to do bbk cat deletes , am I going to be affected?

You will be fine, your upstream 02's are still in your stock manifold.

-Thomas

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Good stuff thomas. Time to get some new times with your e85 now! Im down to go next week if you are.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Good to go! I put in new factory O2s and had them weld in new bungs. So far the car seems to run better and no issues with a CEL so far. What was the lean you you got OP?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I had p2197, p0155 and p0055.

Alot of heater codes.

I got the 2191 which is too lean at higher loads. My guess is it has to be along the same lines as yours with the O2 placement. I put around 75 miles on the car yesterday and no CEL since relo. I'm curious to see if it stays off. If it keeps reoccurring I'm ditching the long tubes and gonna try the kooks out.

NOGI88

Established Member
Did any of you guys feel like your car lost power when the o2s started going bad?

Nuar

Established Member
So, digging this up. I will be getting this done within a week. I am fairly certain i have a malfunctioning o2 sensor (again). Stalled out twice so far, gas mileage dropped a bit.... But no check engine light yet.

So did the relocaring fix all of your problems? Have you had any issues since you did this?

When ordering them, they are not side specific are they?
Tousley has them listed as front left and front right as well as just a listing for a front oxygen sensor. All of them are the same price around $61, so I'm assuming they are all the same?

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I have not had a single issue with this since I relocated them. I was on E85 for a long time and now on E85 with a blower. And yes the sensors are the same rh to lh.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we actually run on the rear 02 holes, and have the fronts plugged off.

these newer cars rely so heavily on the 02's

nice job on the pics

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Another fix is to wrap the sensors with header wrap to keep heat in the pipes.

I put long tubes on my car and lost 2x Bank 2 02s within the first 200 miles. Someone on the 2011+ coyote page suggested wrapping the headers and now, 600 miles later, I have not had an issue.

The long tubes/sensors are exposed to a lot more air flow compared to the stock manifolds and it seems the constant cooling is overworking the heating element in the sensor. Mine would throw a bank 2 fuel trim code and surge very bad at idle. During part throttle and WOT, the sensor would work fine(datalog confirmed) but at idle, the fuel trims would go all the way to .65-.7 on bank 2.

It's not super pretty but it seems to do the trick..

E3E59E35-189E-4C21-ABAD-85F905CDB783_zps5skrqgnp.jpg

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Yeah i saw that as well. My plan is to do both. Relocate and wrap.
I may try the relocate by itself first, ill try the wrap if i still have issues after that.

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
did the relocate on mine and it works fine.. never once have had a o2 sensor problem with the long tubes and e85

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Just an update I have about 4,300 miles on the relocated sensors on e85 and maybe 600 of those miles on 91oct. No more failures to date.

Users who are viewing this thread