Long distance jogging

Blackgeetee

Established Member
How many of you run more than 3 or 4 miles a day? I started running consistantly a little over a month ago and one or two miles quickly became too easy. Now I'm up to five per run with a best time of 40:45. I can see that running is like modifying cars.....once you start you constantly want to do more and make more improvements lol.

How far do you run and what are your best ET's?:beer: :rockon:

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
I'm trying to do more running myself. How long does it take you to run 1 to 2 miles? Do you run on a treadmill or outside?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by peterjmc
I'm trying to do more running myself. How long does it take you to run 1 to 2 miles? Do you run on a treadmill or outside?

I always run outside, in various places. There's a nice bikepath that follows a canal in my area that has distance markings in the pavement every 1/8 mile. Pretty cool.

If I run long distance, say over 3 miles I usually pace myself near 8 min/mile. But short runs I'll be in the 6 minute range. :beer:

Hmm my best time for the mile is in the mid 7's.

But that's awesome Blackgeetee that you can do all that long distance jogging. Have you ran in a marathon yet?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra04Lady
Have you ran in a marathon yet?

Nope not yet since I just started back in March consistantly. A few friends of mine are thinking about running a few later on this summer just for fun. The Bix 7 across the river in Davenport is a pretty big race, usually around 20,000 runners and walkers. We're thinking about doing that one.:beer:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For my shorter runs I usually shoot for 6 miles around 40-42 mins. I have to slow my pace to 8/9 min miles once I hit 8+ miles. To date I can complete half marathon's, and plan on trying to complete a full marathon next year(motorolla marathon). I recommend those of you looking to run longer distance's goto a shoe store that specializes in runners. I goto runtex here in Austin. The wrong pair of shoes can make your run miserable and cause leg and knee problems if it affects your form etc...Listen to your body, pain is not good! I ignored sever leg pain 2 yrs ago and ended up with a stress fracture, the tendon was pulling away from the bone and caused a small fracture, that kept me from running for 6 mos!!!! Fortunately the tendon did not seperate from the bone...

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I was starting to get a little sore sometimes at the very beginning of the run and after the run in my feet, especially the heel area. I went and bought some Dr. Scholls gel foot inserts and that helped out tremendously. Now it feels like I'm running on air!:D

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I used to jog at least 3 miles a day from Mon. to Sat...Now I lift weights every other day so my jogging is down to 3 times a week....I jog on a treadmill set at a small incline...

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
I used to run a mile in six minutes or so, but then one day I realized that I despise running. It is bad for your joints and I cannot see the point of it. The only time I run now is at the gym to warm-up and raise my hear rate before I lift.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I've been keeping track of everything on a spreadsheet I made. It's pretty cool to look back and see the progress I've made. I even included the weather conditions and my weight.:beer:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
yep ran for 3 years, hated every minute of it, but did it to make my mom happy best time for me was 4 miles at a hair over 24 minutes, ran one of the miles sub 5:00 minutes that race though :D

Users who are viewing this thread