LOL @ dealer about ESP

Myfast70

Established Member
Dealers ended up lower my interest rates an additional 1.25% so we had to go down and resign. Naturally they tried offering me the ESP again and they quickly got shot down again.

They tried to tell me that if you were out at the track racing the car and something blew, ie. the clutch, engine, rear, etc that it would be 100% covered, no questions asked! I asked the to show me in writing where it says that everything is 100% covered while racing in writing and I would be glad to buy the warranty. Well the finance guys manager got pissed, said "don't bother trying to sell him the warranty" and stormed out of the room. I told the finance guy that if they could even put it in writing on their own letterhead that they would cover me no questions asked (even if racing and used roadside to tow me to dealer from track) and they wouldn't do it. So I politely declined again and they just dropped it.

Silly dealer, ESP is usually a joke

I did however tell them I would buy Fords tire ESP but they don't offer that service

USV8PWR

Established Member
Dealers ended up lower my interest rates an additional 1.25% so we had to go down and resign. Naturally they tried offering me the ESP again and they quickly got shot down again.

They tried to tell me that if you were out at the track racing the car and something blew, ie. the clutch, engine, rear, etc that it would be 100% covered, no questions asked! I asked the to show me in writing where it says that everything is 100% covered while racing in writing and I would be glad to buy the warranty. Well the finance guys manager got pissed, said "don't bother trying to sell him the warranty" and stormed out of the room. I told the finance guy that if they could even put it in writing on their own letterhead that they would cover me no questions asked (even if racing and used roadside to tow me to dealer from track) and they wouldn't do it. So I politely declined again and they just dropped it.

Silly dealer, ESP is usually a joke

I did however tell them I would buy Fords tire ESP but they don't offer that service

Many of us have purchased ESP through an online dealer at wholesale prices. No, it's not going to cover your engine or drivetrain if you mess it up racing or moding it. But I got it to cover my window motors, navigation system, air conditioning, electrical, etc. that very likely will start to go 5 years from now. A 7 year, 60K mile premium warranty for $790 is no joke.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I purchased the Extended Service Plan when I bought my 2003 Cobra from the Dealership.

I have had to use it several times with no problems at all on my modified Cobra. The Dealerships I took it to were very easy to work with. The Service Manager did mention to me about the car being modified, but they did not make a big deal about it. I think the reason being that they have to prove that your modifications caused the problem.

Items replaced under the Ford ESP (maintenance included):
The stock exhaust and plugged cats
Everything related to the clutch except for the clutch disk
The throw out bearing - twice
Re-sealed the rear end - twice (have to drop the IRS to do this)

So you can see, it really paid off in my case.

03Bite

Established Member
I purchased the Extended Service Plan when I bought my 2003 Cobra from the Dealership.

I have had to use it several times with no problems at all on my modified Cobra. The Dealerships I took it to were very easy to work with. The Service Manager did mention to me about the car being modified, but they did not make a big deal about it. I think the reason being that they have to prove that your modifications caused the problem.

Items replaced under the Ford ESP (maintenance included):
The stock exhaust and plugged cats
Everything related to the clutch except for the clutch disk
The throw out bearing - twice
Re-sealed the rear end - twice (have to drop the IRS to do this)

So you can see, it really paid off in my case.

That may have been the case back in 2003, but with the way they pick and choose what they want to warranty I doubt it would be worth it.

rancid

Established Member
Many of us have purchased ESP through an online dealer at wholesale prices. No, it's not going to cover your engine or drivetrain if you mess it up racing or moding it. But I got it to cover my window motors, navigation system, air conditioning, electrical, etc. that very likely will start to go 5 years from now. A 7 year, 60K mile premium warranty for $790 is no joke.

My dealer wanted $2470 for the extended warranty and I declined. Do you have a good source where to get it online at a cheaper price?

Orange Cobra

F the Cowboys!
Established Member
ESP on my old Cobra covered two blown t56s and two smashed center sections,also a blower...needless to say mine paid off threefold.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
That may have been the case back in 2003, but with the way they pick and choose what they want to warranty I doubt it would be worth it.

2003???

I purchased the Cobra and the ESP Warranty in 2010. I have used it several times since then, the last time was to get the rear end re-sealed earlier this year (2012). Mods in signature.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
My dealer wanted $2470 for the extended warranty and I declined. Do you have a good source where to get it online at a cheaper price?

TIPTON FORD, INC.
State Road 28 East, Tipton, IN 46072
Call Us Now: (888) 863-4308

Ask for: Ed Smith

Users who are viewing this thread