LOL Austin dealer still doesn't get it.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Stopped by to get oil changed on our fusion and saw this. They have 3 in stock, and it looks like they want to keep them. I can't believe they are still doing this. Ohh well.
null_zpsb95804fb.jpg

Svtheide

Established Member
The funny thing is that they will actually probably get it, it might take awhile but they eventually will for them as long as they haven't been titled

bpmurr

Established Member
You want to walk in with a copy of my invoice deal paperwork? :)

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
It wouldn't do any good.

That's the problem with dealers in our area. That don't give a shit if you got your car for 5 bucks and a stick of used gum.

Down here, Mexican Nationals come in to dealerships with a cashiers check for whatever they ask. Its still cheaper than the Mexican Fed Tax they get charged for buying in their own country. No luxury tax for them here, and sales tax is a joke compared to the 45% they pay there.

A dealer down the road from Mac just sold theirs for 25k over sticker, and it was sight unseen. The buyer sent a check by courier with instructions to deliver it to their US home.

That's why I have to buy out of state. I can't barely get a dealer to honor X-plan for a regular Ford. Sucks down here. (Dont read into this that I have something against them, mind you. If that were the case, I'd mention what crappy drivers most out of country plates tend to be.)

bpmurr

Established Member
It wouldn't do any good.

That's the problem with dealers in our area. That don't give a shit if you got your car for 5 bucks and a stick of used gum.

Down here, Mexican Nationals come in to dealerships with a cashiers check for whatever they ask. Its still cheaper than the Mexican Fed Tax they get charged for buying in their own country. No luxury tax for them here, and sales tax is a joke compared to the 45% they pay there.

A dealer down the road from Mac just sold theirs for 25k over sticker, and it was sight unseen. The buyer sent a check by courier with instructions to deliver it to their US home.

That's why I have to buy out of state. I can't barely get a dealer to honor X-plan for a regular Ford. Sucks down here. (Dont read into this that I have something against them, mind you. If that were the case, I'd mention what crappy drivers most out of country plates tend to be.)

Wow that sucks! :(

Hourigan218

Established Member
It wouldn't do any good.

I know your sentiments. I was able to get a good deal down here but I know the other cars here have sold for a minimum of 5k over. I'm not even gonna get into the sh$tty driving down here.

reason4treason

Established Member
out here in central Cali the dealers that had big ADMs last year (10-30K)pretty much all moved their cars before the snow flew. i'm sure that in a lot of cases they came down somewhat, but still, the cars got sold. not a huge amount of new '13s were left over. this year, the same dealers with the same ADMs have a whole bunch of '14 GT500 still left on their lot. across the country, even dealers who want to sell for msrp are probably going to have a more difficult time than they think they will.

and the approach of having a preponderance of highly optioned GT500 is most likely going to add to their struggles. personally, I just will not pay more than 59-60K for a new GT500 and I doubt that i'm the only one. add 8-9K of options to that plus the extra sales tax and it adds up to $10,000 more out-the-door cost. I think that makes a lot more difference than most dealers realize.

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The dealer I bought from just dealer-traded their left-over 13 model for invoice. It was red with white stripes and loaded but no glass roof.

This was in S. Texas.

Cool part was the built date on the window sticker was 12 12 12.

Tom

grobertx

Established Member
That's nuts! Bought mine at Joe Myers in Houston for sticker.
When did you make the buy?? Wondering if it was recently as ownership / management changed hands. I was a lONG time customer at JMF. Most of them knew me by name. I bought 3 new personal cars every few years and twice as many F150 for my company. I worked with Kirk for over a year trying to get a 2013 then 2014 at MSRP. They even brought in a 14 ruby red w/ white stripes for me then bartered down to $1K (from $5K) over MSRP. I was shocked! Bought my 13 from Auto-nation Katy at MSRP, no haggle, hassle or issues.

roll-n

Established Member
I bought mine from Riata Ford in Manor. I got it for under sticker, right around 1500 over invoice. It was a great deal as far as I'm concerned. Maxwell wanted 7k over sticker. The funny thing is, I would have paid MSRP at maxwell. Oh well I waited and got a smoking deal, and now I am stoked!!! :pepper::beer:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just sold one of our last 2 to a guy in California. Every dealer close to him was a 10-15k ADM.

He was more than happy to have it shipped at MSRP and save 9-14k.

I still have a beautiful Ruby Red in stock with no ADM.

Beef
513-478-1965

Users who are viewing this thread