lokar dip stick

Dave.O

Established Member
Has any one installed one of these on an 03-04?
how was the fit and does it read accurately?
(search function not working currently...)
I butchered my stock dip stick trying to reinstall after headers and poly motor mounts... needs to be replaced this looks easier then trying to wrestle a stock one back in.
thanks

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-ed-5014

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I just installed mine a few weeks ago but I'm not sure about how accurate the readings are (no oil in yet). But as far as install, the only thing I did was modify the bracket to attach to one of the valve cover bolts.. very simple install and slid right in.
82711BE1-BE22-4DB2-858D-5B56265D4189_zpsfph4euou.jpg

03slaminator

Established Member
I don't remember the brand that I bought from summit racing. I know it wasn't the lokar dipstick. It might have been milodon. The lokar looks like a very nice piece.

But whatever you do, DO NOT GO WITH MILODON!!! It's junk, it don't read right on the stick. It won't bolt up anywhere, and I have to stick my hand way down in between the hot engine and the shock tower to check my oil. It's a pain in the ass. I hate it and I will be buying a lokar and after I do that I'm gonna run the milodon over with my truck. Lol

Bfazona

Established Member
I have one on my car and it is accurate. I just checked the oil level on the factory dipstick and then made note of where it was on the Lokar. As mentioned, install is super easy and I used a valve cover bolt as well for my mounting location. I haven't had any issues with it right beside my header tube either.

Dave.O

Established Member
thanks to all for their replies. Good info on the milodon piece, I'll avoid it

Dave.O

Established Member
Finally got around to installing this...

the lokar and stock dip stick and tub are different.

Lokar tube and dip stick is some what longer overall, the lokar dip stick is notably longer. Most importantly is the length between where the tube enters the block and the end of the dipstick is notably longer with the lokar set up. Meaning the dip stick would go deeper into the pan further meaning that the "full line" would lead to lower total oil level. Not good. The actual measuring portions or the stick are different as well.

I used the stock dip stick with the lokar tube, overall the distance from entering block to end of stick is approx. 3/8" shorter than stock.
This will result in slightly higher oil fill when "full", which might not be a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread