LoJack

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Has anybody added LoJack to their car or Mustang? I've been thinking about security systems for my GT and car alarms don't always do the trick. Although I may only own a GT, its still my everything and treat it if it were a cobra. If anybody has done it, I'm curious to see how much installation runs, pros, cons, etc.

Or if you have or know of something better I'm open for suggestions too. Thanks in advance! :beer:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i dont personally have it. but i've seen how it works and i've rode in a demonstration van by low jack that had what lowjack equipped police cruisers have.it was pretty sweet. they had another van drive off and hide and then found it. it works with radio frequencies, and it's kind of like radar. there is a display that beeps and shows what direction the beep is coming from. as the cruiser gets closer to the beep (stolen car) it beeps faster until it goes to a constant sound. any cruiser you see with four antenna on the roof can pick up lowjack signals, so when you report it stolen any equipped cruiser within distance can find it

idk, seems like a good idea, plus you get a discount on insurance

Last edited:

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
I added a LoJack to my car, I think I paid $1,000 all up. I got the basic service. I think you may be able to get into a system for around there. The one thing that you need to make sure of is that you live and spend most of your driving time in an area that is in their coverage area, thats the key. There is also a disclaimer that if you suffer from a dead battery they want to "recheck/reverify" the system......for a fee of $75.00....lol, ya you bet.

Last edited:

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
I added a LoJack to my car, I think I paid $1,000 all up. I got the basic service. I think you may be able to get into a system for around there. The one thing that you need to make sure of is that you live and spend most of your driving time in an area that is in their coverage area, thats the key. There is also a disclaimer that if you suffer from a dead battery they want to "recheck/reverify" the system......for a fee of $75.00....lol, ya you bet.

wow thanks for all the info. it definitely gives me an idea what I'm getting into.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
Law enforcement get a discount :)

I've seen it work firsthand, in fact I put a car in once as stolen and before I could even finish the paperwork for the folder, I got a hit request that DC police found it. It works for sure, so if you love your car and can't replace it, it's definitely worth it.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Skip the OLD LoJack and go with a GPS based tracking system lke Guidepoint. The problem with LoJack is that they have idiots puting them in and every model car has them in the same easy to access location. I could dig one out of any car in less than 5 minutes. Also LoJack only works where police cars are equiped with those ancient tracking devices. GPS work everywhere incuding Canada & Mexico and that is where all the high end cars end up.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Skip the OLD LoJack and go with a GPS based tracking system lke Guidepoint. The problem with LoJack is that they have idiots puting them in and every model car has them in the same easy to access location. I could dig one out of any car in less than 5 minutes. Also LoJack only works where police cars are equiped with those ancient tracking devices. GPS work everywhere incuding Canada & Mexico and that is where all the high end cars end up.

Lojack doesn't place the unit in the sane place everytime. Also, the problem with gps units is their signal is easily disrupted. Sonic the car is in like a tunnel, garage, or even a container, the signal could be lost. Where as lojack uses a radio frequency

AAG

Established Member
Lojack is obselete, like someone mentioned above get a GPS system.

oldmodman

Established Member
I got a free Lojack when I bought my 03 Cobra.
never been tested since car has never been stolen.
But I have to agree with the GPS systems being better. It's just too bad that most if not all of them charge a big monthly fee.

Users who are viewing this thread