local realtime gas price info

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Allan, my focus got 150miles in 1 quarter :beer:

How many miles are u getting on a full tank? I do alot of stop & go in the car so im sure i could of gotten to 200 if thats even possible :eek:

Thanks for the Link. I'll register when i get home :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
wow, i think the best i got out of a full tank (~13 gal i think) was a little over 520 miles!
:eek: 520miles on a full tank on the Focus?

Damn i hope i can see that much :( Im almost at the half way & its only 180miles.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i got that figure on the way out to arizona late last year so it wasn't stop n' go. typically i get about 400 or so going to work and around town.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
i got that figure on the way out to arizona late last year so it wasn't stop n' go. typically i get about 400 or so going to work and around town.

:D Much better then the Cobra :nonono:
Thats like 8 days of driving to work & back home for me :beer:

stang99

My last tank on my Cobra was 20.75 mpg commuting with the a/c on. We won't talk about the tank that I used when I was breaking in my clutch and running at LACR. My SVT Focus got in the low 20's on a regular basis and was soooooo slow. Over 20 on the Cobra is pretty damned good IMHO.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Uhm ive never seen 20mph :shrug: I was once lucky @ 16mph.

Other then that its 13 - 15mph cause of the stupid 405 is so damn packed :nonono:

Damn is it smooth sailing back & forth to work for u P.?

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
My gas mileage dropped the minute I started using california gas. Out of state, I was getting 29mpg on the freeway...now I get 24mpg on the freeway. I drove my Cobra back from Missouri, so I KNOW that's the gas mileage the car gets.

03DOHC

Established Member
I normally get 17-18mpg in SF stop and go commute traffic. Best I got was ~24mpg and I was doing 90+mph most of the way too. I probably could've got better but kept getting into boost to pass people.

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I normally get 17-18mpg in SF stop and go commute traffic. Best I got was ~24mpg and I was doing 90+mph most of the way too. I probably could've got better but kept getting into boost to pass people.

Maybe I'll see you shoot by me while Im in that traffic one day :lol1:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Blu50Stang
Maybe I'll see you shoot by me while Im in that traffic one day :lol1:
If you commute the 101 freeway passing SFO we've probably passed each other already.

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
I don't usually go up around SFO...I only make it up to 92. But everyonce in a while, I'll go past SFO on the way to a friend's. We've probably already crossed paths.

stang99

You have seen the traffic on the 405 leaving the Valley and on the
14 going up to LACR. I drive smoothly and take it easy since there is little to be gained from driving aggressively. Even though the Cobra is a heavy dog, it has tall gears and relatively small displacement so if you stay out of boost you can get some really good MPG for such a fast car. Of course, a few high boost excursions can shoot you tank down. I am sure that us old guys with low powered Cobras get better MPG than you young guns with the big HP numbers.
We also post early in the morning when you are still sleeping.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Uhm ive never seen 20mph :shrug: I was once lucky @ 16mph.

Other then that its 13 - 15mph cause of the stupid 405 is so damn packed :nonono:

Damn is it smooth sailing back & forth to work for u P.?

Users who are viewing this thread