Livernois Motorsports 2011 5.0 Auto Trans Tune Demonstration

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Yesterday, I decided to put together a quick video demonstrating our custom 87 octane tune for the 2011 Mustang. Other than the tune, the car is 100% stock and has been 12.77 @ 111 mph as it sits.

Sorry for the bad quality, the race team borrowed my HD camera.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-NJC3_KSiA"]YouTube- Livernois Motorsports 2011 Mustang Auto Transmission Calibration Demonstration[/nomedia]

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Freak yeah!

Oh yeah, I hear Roger Wheeler's ZO6 is sick! Great job guys! My brother needs to talk his him into letting him take it out for a spin.

-Jeff

EZRIDN

Established Member
Awesome!

Can you take a pic of the shifter so that I can see what it looks like? Trying to see how one manually shifts the auto since I think that is how it's set up from the factory.

Thanks.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Awesome!

Can you take a pic of the shifter so that I can see what it looks like? Trying to see how one manually shifts the auto since I think that is how it's set up from the factory.

Thanks.

Shifting the auto manually usually results in slower times. I put it in "D" and let it shift itself.

I don't have a photo handy now, but it looks like this:

2010Mustangshifter.jpg

-Rick

bad2000z

Established Member
It looks like there's a O/D off button on the side of the shifter, does this turn 5th and 6th off? Or just 6th?

EZRIDN

Established Member
Shifting the auto manually usually results in slower times. I put it in "D" and let it shift itself.

I don't have a photo handy now, but it looks like this:

2010Mustangshifter.jpg

-Rick

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the fast response. So to shift it manually, like at a track day, do you move it side to side or just move it through 1-4?

EZRIDN

Established Member
There is no side to side movement, it is a traditional auto trans shifter, just front to back, selecting whatever gear.

Thank you very much for the information....

I would like to see some paddles with it or just a way to manually shift it w/o moving it back and forth. Maybe that will be a change they will make .

-Mark

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Mark, long time man! How are things?

Get the car dude, you'll love it. The auto is kickass, just put it in D and set the shift points yourself with the Xcal 3.

EZRIDN

Established Member
Mark, long time man! How are things?

Get the car dude, you'll love it. The auto is kickass, just put it in D and set the shift points yourself with the Xcal 3.

Hey man, whats up! I was just thinking about the killer twin turbo LX you use to have the other day.

The 5.0's sound awesome man. I am so jealous you get to beat on one! It would be cool if the aftermarket had paddles for the steering column that people could add.

Do you still have the Cobra?

-Mark

Users who are viewing this thread