Livernois 2011 Mustang Update 12.07 @ 116 mph

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Today, we made a few modifications to our car and again I headed directly to Milan Dragway.

Quick data - 2011 Mustang GT auto, 3.15 gear, stock airbox/filter, and the mods below. The car really needs a shorter tire or a gear.

Filled with 93 Octane, but did not update the tune as our tuner was out of the office today.

Installed the following modifications:

Stainless Works 1 7/8" Longtube Headers
Stainless Works Catted Mid-Pipe
Stainless Works 3" Catback
Cobra Jet 15 x 4 Front Wheels
Goodyear 15” Front Runners
Cobra Jet 15 x 10 Rear Wheels
BFG 325/50/15 Drag Radials (5 years old, did not hook well)

Headed to Milan Dragway at 4:00pm

Arrived at Milan at 5:15pm, 285 miles on odometer. In 4 hours, 10 quarter mile passes were made

Several 12.2X, 12.1X passes were made. The best pass of the night was 12.07 @ 116.25 mph

Car # 258

1207.jpg

The original thread can be seen here

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Thanks for the replies!

Absolutely awesome! Tune and full exhaust Auto for 12.0's!!

I'd like to go back to with the stock tires to see what kind of gains we got from just the headers, but I got a chance to use the Bogarts, so figured I'd give 'em a try. I figure they had to be good for a few tenths.

Any video? Would love to hear the exhaust set up.

I do have some footage, but the race team left again and took the camera. I will get it up soon.

-Rick

bad2000z

Established Member
Do you guys think 3.73's would be sufficient? It just seems like 4.10's are overkill for a 6 speed auto, even with a 28" tire.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Do you guys think 3.73's would be sufficient? It just seems like 4.10's are overkill for a 6 speed auto, even with a 28" tire.

Look at first post says stock gears 3.14's...... They said it could use a gear but w nitrous I could see it doing ok cause the tq increase imo. We have not seen a stock auto w say 100 jets and tune like this at the track. What I would do w say the wifes car and a orx exhaust like my 03 has.

bad2000z

Established Member
I'm well aware the car has 3.15's. What I was asking was if 3.73's would be enough gear with 28" tires. Evo seems to favor 4.10's but their car was only a tenth quicker than Livernois with 3.15's. Just seems like 3.73's would be a happy medium.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Just for the record our car did not have slicks and skinnies , just drag radials mounted on a stock gt500 rim.

We didn't have slicks either. The drag radials I used were so bad, I'm sure I could go just as quick leaving the stock wheels on and getting a new set of drag radials... I guess I'll try that next.

-Rick

mixxer

Established Member
Nice pass rick wasnt trying to knock what your car ran just clearing up that the poster wasnt comparing apples to apples. I was refering more to the weight savings of the rims and skinnies than to the actual tire. Our 60 ft where about the same as yours. These cars are badass for sure good luck with your car!

Users who are viewing this thread