Live link root element missing??

Strikeking10

Established Member
Does anyone know what caused this error and how to fix it? I can’t seem to find any info about it. It was working one day and then the next it did this.

Attachments

• EDFB8C19-1B00-4D4A-803A-1AFA5011BBE4.jpeg
    EDFB8C19-1B00-4D4A-803A-1AFA5011BBE4.jpeg
    522.9 KB · Views: 231

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
It would seem one of the files are corrupted. I would uninstall and reinstall to see if that corrects the issue. If not, open a support ticket with SCT.

MWilburnyou

Hello, Everyone

I had recently run into the "Root Element Missing" error problem when opening SCT's LiveLink GenII to review datalogs. Nothing out of the ordinary was performed, I just simply opened LiveLink as I would every other time.
After the to go-to "turn off, turn back on" routine, and uninstalling, then reinstalling the program multiple times to solve this issue, I was left clueless as to what the problem could be, or how it came about. I contacted SCT, and worked with multiple techs who worked hard to find a solution, but was not able to fix this issue.
After reading through some of these threads, I made the assumption that this could be a compatibility issue with the version of Windows I was running.
I decided to do a hard reset of the computer, and allow windows to be reinstalled. While I didn't change to a different version of Windows, it seems that this has resolved my issue, and LiveLink opens with no errors. The only unfortunate part of this solution was that I had lost all of my apps, and had to reinstall Advantage, LiveLink, Device Updater, etc. Otherwise, everything is now working great with no problems.

I hope this helps others as well!

TLDR; Perform a hard reset of the laptop, and reinstall windows (*you will lose your applications*)

Mike Dj

Established Member
Call SCT and tell them what's up. Make sure you have the latest version of TeamViewer so he or she can connect to your laptop to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread