Line lock help

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I bought the line lock kit from the How To, and installed it just like in the instructions. I even ran a seperate ground from the earth side of the switch to where I ran the ground wire from the controller. I ran the hot wire with the in line fuse to the supply side of the switch and the other wire back to the red wire of the controller. I ran the brake lines just like the instructions said, front line to the top of the controller the bottom to bottom,I bled the brakes 4 times now and the front brakes won't lock up. I put it in neutral and pump the brakes twice, engage the switch, the led light comes on, but it just rolls off. What have I done wrong, other than work on a Chevy yesterday.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Even though the light comes on can you hear the solenoid clicking? Did you install the solenoid the same as in the pics also with the ports on the top?

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
When you bled the brakes did you start with the rear passengers and work your way to the closest one? (drivers rear passengers front drivers front)

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I was trying it with the motor rnning and the tranny in D. I bled the brakes from the rear forward, 4 times. The brakes are fine and the pedal is good. I printed the instructions from the how. I mounted it just like the pic showed. Pulled the front brake line bent the new line and connected it to the top port,bent the lower line and mounted to the lower port of the controller and t where the front line connects down below. I'll check if the controller is clicking today, I only tried it with the truck running and couldn't hear it. But the pedal gets real firm when I hit the switch.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I had the same thing happen with mine. Worked twice then nothing. I tried everything, New unit took care of it. Just my $0.02.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
203Cree said:
Possible. I didn't mean anything by asking that either, just so you know. :)

Turns out you were right. The how to is decieving, the line from the front of the MC goes in the bottom,or middle most port in the photo. Swapped them around and it works. Now on to the QA-1's the ups man just dropped off. TYVM

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
fishin-nole said:
Turns out you were right. The how to is decieving, the line from the front of the MC goes in the bottom,or middle most port in the photo. Swapped them around and it works. Now on to the QA-1's the ups man just dropped off. TYVM
Glad you found the problem. QA-1's :thumbsup:

203Cree

Established Member
You know why the how too is decieving?

The solenoid is moutned upside down in the pic, lol. The preasure line from the MC will go in the fitting closest to the solenoid.

Glad you found the problem. :beer:

Now go have some fun. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread