lincoln mark 8 block info.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
I have found out there is no saving my block with out resleaving. I figure it would just be cheaper to find another block. Been searching and searching on the lincoln mark 8 swap and would like to hear from someone that has done it. I have been seeing things like 93-95 lincolns have different side bolts, and their is a difference between fwd and rwd bolt patterns??? Is there a certain year I should be looking for. All my plans are is to take my internals from my teksid block and put them into the lincoln block. still keep everything else from my car. Thanks for any help guys. Sorry if I'm killing this topic. just need some hard facts.

01bluesnake

Established Member
From what i remember, you cannot use a fwd based 4.6 block as the engine mount points and trans bolt pattern is not the same as the rwd blocks, but could be wrong.

Ironhand

Banned
This is something that Ive been working on. Pulling info from everywhere for a more complete source of info.

Blocks:

Teskid: 4.6L Aluminum

96-98 Cobra Block Part Number: F6LZ-6010-AB
1999 Cobra Block Part Number: XR3Z-6010-CA

Weight: 85.40LBS

Originally used in the 93-98 Lincoln Mark 8, this block was cast in Italy by Teksid, a supplier to Ferrari and other manufacturers. The block is cast in SAE 319 modified alloy aluminum before it is heat treated and aged to achieve the desired characteristics. Overall, good results are achieved with this lightweight alloy block, as long you use care in its preparation. In 1999, Ford changed the main cap detail, eliminating the jackscrews that preloaded the side of the main cap. They also changed the width of the cap, and switched to a different side bolt with a higher torque value. The diameter of the hole for the knock sensor was also changed from M8x1.25 to M12x1.50. You simply drill and tap these holes if you are using the ’99-up block in an earlier chassis.

Another version of the aluminum block that you may come across is the front wheel drive (FWD) block. This block is modified for use in the FWD Lincoln Continental. Changes include a different coolant flow, additional bosses for engine mounts, and a unique bellhousing bolt pattern. The FWD bellhousing bolt pattern renders this block useless for rear wheel drive applications, as no
rear-drive transmission bolts up.

WAP: 4.6L Aluminum

Weight: 80.40LBS

In 2001, Ford changed the design of the block to a lighter-weight casting utilizing SAE 319 modified alloy, incorporating some interesting design changes. This block is known as the WAP (Windsor Aluminum Plant) block. The oil drain-back holes were changed to keep the oil as far away from the crank as possible, and the main bearing web area was changed to create a beefier structure. Extra external ribbing detail also contributes to a beefier appearance, although the lighter weight means that the extra ribbing has been added to compensate for a reduction of section thickness in the case. The NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) block is a derivative of the WAP block, but features a thicker pan rail for decreased noise. This seems to be the current block in production on the Marauder. Most of the time, people do not use the later block for any extreme horsepower applications, and some attempts by others have resulted in block failure. The normal recommendation is that the early block is the best foundation for power levels above 900 hp, although the later block certainly should be adequate for moderate power levels of up to 600 hp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread