limits of the vortech maxflow bypass valve

lenny127

Established Member
Just seeing what people run these without issues til ..... last motor v3 3.6 pulley on e85 about 700whp 11 psi ..... all seemed decent .... this motor with gen 2 heads 18 mani flows a little better so 3.48 pulley about same 11 psi (somewhere between 750-770 whp maybe?)..... having a little hiccup on lower rpm WOT tip in and bypass valve is in question as a possibility to see if it is the culprit ( i do not think so )

but wanted to see if anyone had any input ... this is the bypass valve the one that comes stock on the kits

thanks

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
At this point it's not the ability to hold the pressure, it's the ability to flow enough CFM. I think I started hearing flutter around 14psi on my big bore set up. That was with a D1. I swapped to a Tial 50mm shortly after that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
At this point it's not the ability to hold the pressure, it's the ability to flow enough CFM. I think I started hearing flutter around 14psi on my big bore set up. That was with a D1. I swapped to a Tial 50mm shortly after that.

This, my understanding is it'll stay shut just fine but when you let off it won't be able to vent it all, thats when the flow of the valve matters

lenny127

Established Member
makes sense ..... I am going this weekend into re buttoning everything up to make sure it isnt maf , or air straightener related .... Lund is being super helpful car is fully tuned runs great just this weird hiccup only at lower rpm when u stab the throttle .... if you stab it 4 or 4500 and up there is no interruption .

thank you for your input

Users who are viewing this thread