Lightning Tuner in Omaha

SAC Man

Established Member
I would like to find a tuner in Omaha, Lincoln or Council Bluffs that does a good job on Lightnings. One tuner may be great on GM vehicles, Mustangs but don't see any mention of Lightnings and others don't have very good reviews. Since there aren't many Lightnings around, you can't find anyone that has had his tuned and whether they are satisfied. Thanks.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
If you are on Facebook reach out to Sal Manella of Power Surge Performance.

He recently started getting back into our platform again.

He is The Godfather of these trucks and the original lightning tuner, his email tunes are spot on I highly recommend him as long as you don’t mind sending logs

Zemedici

Established Member
I would like to find a tuner in Omaha, Lincoln or Council Bluffs that does a good job on Lightnings. One tuner may be great on GM vehicles, Mustangs but don't see any mention of Lightnings and others don't have very good reviews. Since there aren't many Lightnings around, you can't find anyone that has had his tuned and whether they are satisfied. Thanks.

SDR Performance – Work hard! Play harder!

Ask for Vlad

M240Bravo

Established Member
I have mine tuned by dynosport. But he closed his doors in lincoln.

The shop in lincoln will blow your motor up like they have to many lightnings.

C&S or whatever the name(over by 88 tactical) in omaha will also blow up your lightning, he almost blow up my stock truck just trying to get the numbers for a base line.

402 in omaha doesn't have a real tuner, just someone that messes up can tunes and will blow your truck up.

Excessive Autosports up in sioux falls would be your closest shop to try, but if you go to Joey tell him what you want to the point or you won't have a good street runner, Just a track/dyno queen. I had to get my car retuned because you couldn't drive it on the street.

Not really any good ones in KC anymore.

If you want to go to Chicago, some good ones out there, thats where I got my GN done.

SAC Man

Established Member

C&S or whatever the name(over by 88 tactical) in omaha will also blow up your lightning, he almost blow up my stock truck just trying to get the numbers for a base line.

402 in omaha doesn't have a real tuner, just someone that messes up can tunes and will blow your truck up.

Excessive Autosports up in sioux falls would be your closest shop to try, but if you go to Joey tell him what you want to the point or you won't have a good street runner, Just a track/dyno queen. I had to get my car retuned because you couldn't drive it on the street.

If you want to go to Chicago, some good ones out there, thats where I got my GN done.
Thanks for your input.

SAC Man

Established Member
If you are on Facebook reach out to Sal Manella of Power Surge Performance.

He recently started getting back into our platform again.

He is The Godfather of these trucks and the original lightning tuner, his email tunes are spot on I highly recommend him as long as you don’t mind sending logs
I checked Facebook and there are 4 Sal Manellas that state you have to do a Friend request to see his time line. I don't want to do friend requests and probably won't get the right person. I Googled Power Surge Performance and it says he moved to Florida. Thanks for your response.

SAC Man

Established Member

If you want to go to Chicago, some good ones out there, that's where I got my GN done.
C&S is now H&S and they are a GM shop. Under the previous owner, they did my Sonoma. They did great work.

402 doesn't exist but SDR is in their previous location at 180th & State. They were suppose to put together a plan to tune my truck but never heard from them. I e-mailed them but no response. Maybe they don't want my business.

Sublime doesn't have very good reviews. Their web page only shows Mustangs. I want to see a Lightning in their ad before I take mine to them. They gave me an over the phone quote of about $700 or $800, can't remember which. I just about put some skid marks in my underwear. I just wanted someone to fine tune what I already have done. I prefer a technician with his laptop tweaking my truck vs relying on a downloaded tune.

Thanks for your input.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
I checked Facebook and there are 4 Sal Manellas that state you have to do a Friend request to see his time line. I don't want to do friend requests and probably won't get the right person. I Googled Power Surge Performance and it says he moved to Florida. Thanks for your response.
He’s a bigger guy with a beard, bald head. Looks like an old Viking kindve lol

Zemedici

Established Member
Did they tune your Lightning?

No, i was in the performance industry up until recently, and have a professional relationship with Vlad @ SDR, did tons of work for him. Good guy, shoots it straight.

Give him a call. Performance shops literally get hundreds of emails a day. I know i would have 200+ emails to weed through.

M240Bravo

Established Member
C&S is now H&S and they are a GM shop. Under the previous owner, they did my Sonoma. They did great work.

402 doesn't exist but SDR is in their previous location at 180th & State. They were suppose to put together a plan to tune my truck but never heard from them. I e-mailed them but no response. Maybe they don't want my business.

Sublime doesn't have very good reviews. Their web page only shows Mustangs. I want to see a Lightning in their ad before I take mine to them. They gave me an over the phone quote of about $700 or $800, can't remember which. I just about put some skid marks in my underwear. I just wanted someone to fine tune what I already have done. I prefer a technician with his laptop tweaking my truck vs relying on a downloaded tune.

Thanks for your input.

I forgot sublime had a dyno, but ya the last lightning they touched. They blow it up, then sat at J2speed for like a year to get fixed, then the shop killed it. The guy sold it as a parts truck.

And glad to hear we don't have one good tuner left lol.

You on lightningrodder? More L guys there and will be able to lead you to someone near I would think.

SAC Man

Established Member
I forgot sublime had a dyno, but ya the last lightning they touched. They blow it up, then sat at J2speed for like a year to get fixed, then the shop killed it. The guy sold it as a parts truck.

And glad to hear we don't have one good tuner left lol.

You on lightningrodder? More L guys there and will be able to lead you to someone near I would think.
Thanks for the suggestion.

SAC Man

Established Member
No, i was in the performance industry up until recently, and have a professional relationship with Vlad @ SDR, did tons of work for him. Good guy, shoots it straight.

Give him a call. Performance shops literally get hundreds of emails a day. I know i would have 200+ emails to weed through.
Maybe I'll go see him. He is about 5 miles away. It will be a short drive. Thanks.

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
If you're willing to go the remote tuning route there are a few options. Eric Korn(Modular Big Bore Stroker) and JJ at Woodbine can both be found on LightningRodder. I have no clue about their workload at this point though

utlong31

Established Member
If you're willing to go the remote tuning route there are a few options. Eric Korn(Modular Big Bore Stroker) and JJ at Woodbine can both be found on LightningRodder. I have no clue about their workload at this point though

I highly recommend both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAC Man

Established Member

Have you heard of a place in Eagle, NE called The Shop? They now have a shop in Lincoln that I have been considering. The reviews seem good but I didn't read anything about tuning a Lightning. I don't want to be the first one.

M240Bravo

Established Member
Have you heard of a place in Eagle, NE called The Shop? They now have a shop in Lincoln that I have been considering. The reviews seem good but I didn't read anything about tuning a Lightning. I don't want to be the first one.

Ya I have heard of the shop, a few people say they have used the place and had good tunes and stuff. But also heard a few bad stories and heard they are in the high side of tunning. I now go out of state for my cars.

SAC Man

Established Member
Ya I have heard of the shop, a few people say they have used the place and had good tunes and stuff. But also heard a few bad stories and heard they are in the high side of tunning. I now go out of state for my cars.
Where do you go?

SAC Man

Established Member
Where do you go?
You are correct on cost. I just read their e-mail. He wants $400 for a new Diablosport tuner plus $800 and 2 days to do a tune. I almost destroyed my underwear. What is an average/reasonable charge for a tune? Thanks, M24.

Users who are viewing this thread