Lightning Throttle Body?

95 thunder

Established Member
when i purchased my truck, it had a bbk (75mm i think) ,already on it, i know it's bigger then the stock one, and my truck runs pretty good, i have no clue if it gave it any gains, and i have read on nloc that there is no need...my question is though and dont mind the ignorance...but having bigger tb would that mean using alot more/little more gas? i would think it would, but is that the case or no? and when i hear of some actually losing power, are we talking considerable, or just a little?....just curious cause i already had one on it, and sometimes i think i would have more power/gas mileage if i did not have it or bottom line one way or another it just dont make no big difference....thanks

Last edited:

Slow Five-O

Established Member
i don't think it's much hp, i think it's more torque that it is hp. perhaps 5hp and 15 ft lbs of torque. somewhere in that area i think.

not sure about the gas mileage though :shrug:

Matt95L

Established Member
gtownkid said:
damn i need a new throttle body bad! I have a F4TE 351w with ported tfs highports, tfs stage 3 cam and tfs intake and my stock 302 throttle body which is 58mm :eek: I wonder how much extra hp i would gain by going to a 75mm?

Probally gain allot those are some big heads and i'm assuming the tfs intake is the R.That 58mm is deffinately starving that motor.Are you going to do a stroker?

Last edited:

Matt95L

Established Member
Slow Five-O said:
there are more than 1 type of GT40 head ;)

Yeah and none of them flow anywhere near 300cfm last i checked even ported.The GT40X flow the most at a lame 234/157 :dw:

Slow Five-O

Established Member
Matt95L said:
Yeah and none of them flow anywhere near 300cfm last i checked even ported.The GT40X flow the most at a lame 234/157 :dw:

so what's your point? :??:

i didn't say mine flowed as good as his :rollseyes

Matt95L

Established Member
gtownkid said:
last time i checked he had gt40 heads so honestly i dont consider that a good set of heads, maybe if they flowed 300cfm but they dont

Slow Five-O said:
there are more than 1 type of GT40 head ;)

What were you saying then? :??: Looks to me that you were replying that there are gt40 heads that'll flow 300cfm :shrug:

gtownkid

Established Member
Matt95L said:
Probally gain allot those are some big heads and i'm assuming the tfs intake is the R.That 58mm is deffinately starving that motor.Are you going to do a stroker?
no stroker for me, and there is only 2 intakes for efi 351 both are the same basically one is just 75mm up(mine) and 90mm upper, i just plan on getting my car to run mid-low 11's n/a like it should. ever since we got the engine together i have had rocker arm problems, they keep coming out of adjustment. I have done them several times my self and had 3 other peeps do them to see if i was just not doing it right and every time you can still hear them after a couple days driving

Matt95L

Established Member
I've been having the exact same issues.It'll be my 5th time adjusting them i'm considering selling my AFRs and getting a set that'll use pedestal/shaft mount rockers.

gtownkid

Established Member
Matt95L said:
I've been having the exact same issues.It'll be my 5th time adjusting them i'm considering selling my AFRs and getting a set that'll use pedestal/shaft mount rockers.
did u put a roller cam in your truck? what length pushrods r u using?

gtownkid

Established Member
Matt95L said:
I do have a roller,but i don't remember the exact length 7.6ish i think.
i have 7.8 in mine, 7.567 is what u need for the swap and high ports need .300 longer so thats 7.867 and then my heads are milled. The heads are 53cc and started out 64 and its .006 per cc so thats .066 off so thats why i got 7.8 but im about to buy a damn length checker

saleen65

Established Member
i have a bbk 75 mm on my 95 lightning that is all stock except for flowmasters and intake pipe and i dropped from a 15.2 @86 to a 14.7 @91 and i added a hypertech chip so i think that throttle has given me a few ponies.

Users who are viewing this thread