Lightning Throttle Body?

gtownkid

Established Member
damn i need a new throttle body bad! I have a F4TE 351w with ported tfs highports, tfs stage 3 cam and tfs intake and my stock 302 throttle body which is 58mm :eek: I wonder how much extra hp i would gain by going to a 75mm?

gtownkid

Established Member
8 YUR SS said:
dont buy a 75mm, just look for a stock lightning tb
dude for one i dont have a Lightning just the shortblock and i need bigger than a freaking 65mm, i was just wondering how big a L one was. Now i want to know what kinda gain im goin to get from going from a 58mm to a 75mm. I will turn this motor to 6700 and with heads that flow 309cfm a 65mm is not going to be enough

8 YUR SS

Established Member
ok, just trying to help you out. Some lightning guys have gone deep, deep in the 11's with the stock t-body but whatever. I have a 75mm t-body and it was a waste of money. I have even heard of some people loosing power because of the bigger tbody.

roostracing

Established Member
gtownkid said:
dude for one i dont have a Lightning just the shortblock and i need bigger than a freaking 65mm, i was just wondering how big a L one was. Now i want to know what kinda gain im goin to get from going from a 58mm to a 75mm. I will turn this motor to 6700 and with heads that flow 309cfm a 65mm is not going to be enough

hey bro...8 yur ss is only trying to help. He has alot of knowledge in what you are asking. BUt to each his own...some people have to learn on their own. :rollseyes

gtownkid

Established Member
8 YUR SS said:
ok, just trying to help you out. Some lightning guys have gone deep, deep in the 11's with the stock t-body but whatever. I have a 75mm t-body and it was a waste of money. I have even heard of some people loosing power because of the bigger tbody.
sorry bro but i dont see an n/a Lightning with a 65mm throttle body going deep 11's maybe one on bottle or boosted but that puts a whole new spin on what u need.

Slow Five-O

Established Member
gtownkid said:
sorry bro but i dont see an n/a Lightning with a 65mm throttle body going deep 11's maybe one on bottle or boosted but that puts a whole new spin on what u need.

you're calling people that you don't know a liar? :rollseyes

he's just tryin to help. no sense in posting what they think though, you never listen to anybody in any other thread you post about either :bored:

8 YUR SS

Established Member
gtownkid said:

and you will NOT see that in a N/A truck. Go for it, buy a 75mm like i did. I f*d up and im trying to help you hear but some people just dont want to listen. :poke:

Chris.C

don't bother 8yurss...he has a history of not listening to a damn thing people say when they are trying to help. he doesn't even have a lightning he has a 351 in a fairmont

8 YUR SS

Established Member
sweet, let me go on a vintage mustang forum and ask some ???'s about my lightning since some of their mustangs have 351w. Makes sense right :wf:

gtownkid

Established Member
Chris.C said:
don't bother 8yurss...he has a history of not listening to a damn thing people say when they are trying to help. he doesn't even have a lightning he has a 351 in a fairmont
i already posted i did not have a L fool, but the i figured around here more poeple would be fimilar with 351w and the power gains from different mods. chris u know u would not put a frekaing 65mm t/b even a heads cam 302

gtownkid

Established Member
Slow Five-O said:
you're calling people that you don't know a liar? :rollseyes

he's just tryin to help. no sense in posting what they think though, you never listen to anybody in any other thread you post about either :bored:
he didn't answer my question so i dont think he helped me at all, i did not ask what size throttle body should i get? i asked what would i gain by going from this size to this size

Chris.C

gtownkid said:
i already posted i did not have a L fool, but the i figured around here more poeple would be fimilar with 351w and the power gains from different mods. chris u know u would not put a frekaing 65mm t/b even a heads cam 302
I have mason's old 70mm t/b on my truck cause he downsized to a 65mm on his h/c/i 302...seems to be a pretty strong runnin car to me..

8 YUR SS

Established Member
gtownkid said:
he didn't answer my question so i dont think he helped me at all, i did not ask what size throttle body should i get? i asked what would i gain by going from this size to this size

you will gain -10 hp. :-D

gtownkid

Established Member
Chris.C said:
I have mason's old 70mm t/b on my truck cause he downsized to a 65mm on his h/c/i 302...seems to be a pretty strong runnin car to me..
last time i checked he had gt40 heads so honestly i dont consider that a good set of heads, maybe if they flowed 300cfm but they dont

Slow Five-O

Established Member
gtownkid said:
last time i checked he had gt40 heads so honestly i dont consider that a good set of heads, maybe if they flowed 300cfm but they dont

there are more than 1 type of GT40 head ;)

and last i heard you were scared to put up your fully built 351 to my lil 302 :dw: :burnout:

gtownkid

Established Member
Slow Five-O said:
there are more than 1 type of GT40 head ;)

and last i heard you were scared to put up your fully built 351 to my lil 302 :dw: :burnout:
i will when the car is ready, but last time i checked u did not run your best a month after the car was built. I am out of funds and havn't even drivin the car in a month now, its not ready to take a set of slicks on the back due to a stock clutch and needs a tune, but i will run you when its ready

Users who are viewing this thread