lightning swap into expedition? possible?

spytek

Established Member
This is something i am am thinking about for my expedition, i have searched and come up with no info. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this and where i could start my research. Thanks in advance.

Yes it is very possible. You will need the motor, tranny, driveshaft and rear end. Also the ECM, fuel components and a few other things, but yes it is possible. I know some people over here in New Orleans that put a Lightning motor, tranny deal in a Nascar Edition F-150 "talk about a sleeper!"

Teal Terminator

Established Member
There was one on Ebay less than 2 weeks ago with this done. It was pretty bad ass! The first time I had ever seen it done. I think he only wanted like $18,000 for it but the body had over 100K miles on it but still seemed like it was in excellent condition.

-Ryan

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
My friend did a lightning swap into an x-cab 4x4 F150.. Went great, and with a lift on bigger tires, it was running mid 15s.. Now its got heads, cams, and a 4lb lower.

spytek

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
My friend did a lightning swap into an x-cab 4x4 F150.. Went great, and with a lift on bigger tires, it was running mid 15s.. Now its got heads, cams, and a 4lb lower.

do you have any idea what he did for the wiring on the new motor?

Users who are viewing this thread