Lightning pulley at altitude + questions..

n0xlf

Established Member
After reading the installation post on this forum, I'm excited about doing a lightning pulley, but had some questions for those that have...

Since I am just outside of Denver (5,000 + feet), I'm guessing that it is relatively safe for me to put on the 2.93 pulley without a chip? I base this on my former Mitsubishi Eclipse experience and upping my boost without any air/fuel mods, due to our lack of oxygen up here...

Assuming I can do that, where is everyone getting their pulleys and belts from? South Florida Pulley HQ doesn't list the 2.93 pulley by itself, but has the belts for $40...

I also hate to spend a lot of money on a puller that I am going to use once...Anyone want to rent their puller? :)

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
just find a lightning guy with a stock pulley to use. I got mine for $60 shipped. Oh and you will need NGK-TR6 plugs esp. if you are not using a chip. You should be ok without a chip as long as you dont do headers or throttle body or nitrous. Those really lean out your air/fuel ratio. Also, I would recommend buying the pulley because when you need service on your car they wont work on it with a different pulley!!

Users who are viewing this thread