Lightning Pollen Filter Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Seems like a waste of cash to me but someone asked about changing the pollen filter in their L. Since L's did not come from the factory with Pollen filter's here is the steps for installing a pollen filter if you want one.

You can get the parts from an SVTP member here: FORDSVTPARTS
Here are all of the parts that you will need:
I updated the part numbers so they are correct now.
Pollen filter: F65Z*19N619*AB or you can get a NAPA one (#4876) from another SVTP ChrisNelson It should be cheaper than a Ford filter. I think the Ford filter was about $40.
Bracket 1: F65Z*19871*AA $26.93
Bracket 2: F65Z*19871*BA $26.86
Cover: F65Z* 19B736*AA $23.62
DSCN0351.jpg

The location of the pollen filter is in the heater box under the glove box right in front of the blower motor resistor. First remove the lower cover.
DSCN0362.jpg

The center section is what you need to cut out.
DSCN0348.jpg

Take a long razor knife and cut out the center piece of the opening. Becareful not to cut on to much of an angle becasue the A/C evaporator is right next to the opening. Warming the plastic with a heat gun or hairdryer will also help cut through the plastic as well. It is really tight under the dash so it will take some time.:cuss:
DSCN0357.jpg

This is what you are cutting out.
DSCN0356.jpg

After you get the plastic out use your knife to trim out the opening.

Now the pollen filter can be installed. Tab towards the back.
DSCN0358.jpg

Now you can install the mounting brackets for the cover. There two different types of screws that will be need. The bottom screws are used to hold the bracket's to the heater box plastic and the upper type screw is used to mount the cover to the brackets. REALLY STUPID design IMO. I'm sure that you could improvise on the screws instead of hunting down Ford screws.
DSCN0354.jpg

Brackets installed.
DSCN0360.jpg

Cover installed.
DSCN0361.jpg

If you get the parts at 10% over cost it would still cost you about $120 just for the parts.:shrug: I got the parts for free.:rockon: (only reason why I did it) I can think of better uses for that cash but I guess if you have alergies then it might be worth it to you.

After having it installed for a few months I can tell you that it cuts down on the amount of dust/dirt that builds up in the vents and on top of the dash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread