Lightning motor into a 2001 SuperCrew question.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Ok, there is a good chance I will be buying an 01' Screw with a blown 4.6L in it. It is a 4x4. Has lots-o-miles! 160K. So since I will be yankin' the motor anyways and I have been having Lightning withdrawls I am thinking on do a Lightning motor conversion.
If I do it I will be purchasing a motor with harness and such. I may even try to find a totalled truck as a donor.
Now my questions:
I thought I heard that a tuner can make the NA computer function with the Lightning engine. True>???
I would either have to have a tuner do that or get the Lightning computer to properly control the 4R70W and Transfer Case. Possible>???
If my thoughts are correct this shouldn't be too bad of a job. Anyone think otherwise>???
Any info, feedback or opinions are greatly appericated. Thanks, -Mat-

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I put this in Roadside to get as many views as possible. Didn't think it would be a big deal. This forum doesn't get much traffic....

spike_africa

Established Member
or use a regual built 5.4 which will bolt right up and use the same sensors etc.. as the 4.6 and then use the blower that came with the 4.6 and change pulleys to run more boost. Cheaper and easier and depending ont he blower will make alot more then a sotck L motor with a pulley tune etc.. on it.

cobra4rat

Established Member
jump over to f150online.com those guys are alot of help. i was going to do a "L" swap on my Screw but i have the wrong trans. so i picked up a "L" supercharger (intake on up) to throw on the 5.4L. if it were me i would put a 5.4 in your truck a throw a Lightning blower on it! good luck :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread