lighting

biged44

Established Member
sorry for all these rookie questions, but do they make clear corners and other aftermarket lighting for the 92 t-bird lx? i have seen some for 95 and up but one for previous years. thanx

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
I feel like this question has been asked on the tccoa.com message boards before but I can't remember what the answer was. Maybe you should check with them.. We have all the information you'll ever want to know about your LX Bird.
By the way.. are you a 5.0 or 3.8 LX?

------------------
Driver of the "The General Lee" Fastest Thunderbird in Tazewell County VA and Bucks County PA.
TCCoA Member

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
Really? My insurance wasn't that much higher than it would have been had I had a 3.8. Have you put any mods on it or is it stock? Those 5.0's respond really well to mods and a heck of a lot cheaper to get running fast than it was for me to get my 4.6 to run fast.

------------------
Driver of the "The General Lee" Fastest Thunderbird in Tazewell County VA and Bucks County PA.
TCCoA Member

biged44

Established Member
well, be it that i am 17 might have somethin to do with it. right now my insurance is 170(about) and would have been lower if i drove a v-6

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
bought my Bird when I was 18 and payed 80 bucks a month for it. That was BEFORE the 4 speeding tickets.. wink wink..

------------------
TCCoA Member

Stryford

Thunderbird Moderator
Established Member
welcome to the board, biged44.

they make clear corners for the 96-97 TBirds, but people have been using those clear corners for older TBirds (89-95) as well. the clear corners WILL fit on your 92, but it won't look right if you look at them up close, because they are more rounder (curved?) than the stock corners. from what i hear, the new clear corners look great if you take a few steps away from your TBird.

also, your headlights will look like crap next to the new clear corners, if they aren't new. if you need a set of new headlight assemblies, also, let me know, because i know someone that sells them brand new for a lot less than the Ford dealer or SCPerformance.com, and the headlight assemblies are made by Hella.

ps. i'm still working on my sig, so don't mind what you see below... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Steve, Just noticed that your in Ok City. you by chance gonna go to the SHO Convention??

Originally posted by Stryford
welcome to the board, biged44.

they make clear corners for the 96-97 TBirds, but people have been using those clear corners for older TBirds (89-95) as well. the clear corners WILL fit on your 92, but it won't look right if you look at them up close, because they are more rounder (curved?) than the stock corners. from what i hear, the new clear corners look great if you take a few steps away from your TBird.

also, your headlights will look like crap next to the new clear corners, if they aren't new. if you need a set of new headlight assemblies, also, let me know, because i know someone that sells them brand new for a lot less than the Ford dealer or SCPerformance.com, and the headlight assemblies are made by Hella.

ps. i'm still working on my sig, so don't mind what you see below... :rolleyes:

Stryford

Thunderbird Moderator
Established Member
Ryan, i haven't been online in a long time, so i haven't been able to keep up with what's going on.
when and where (in OKC) is the SHO convention being held? if it's during Labor Day weekend, i have a prior committment to attend the National MN12 Meet in OKC (Norman). are you going to the SHO convention?

Users who are viewing this thread