Light paint correction

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
So currently Ive had some free time so I decided to fully detail my truck. Just wanted to show you guys some results after using chemical guys #700.

It's a 2009 so the paint is relatively new. However, it has had some light scratches and swirls in it since I purchased it with 1200 miles on it. Product is applied with a 6.5" hex logic orange cutting pad and a porter cable on speed 4.5 or so.

Before: Notice the scratch and swirls if possible. If not, notice the haze around the fluorescent bulb and the garage opener motor.
DSC_0116.gif

DSC_0119.gif

After:
DSC_0122.gif

DSC_0123.gif

I liked the product so much that I decided to see what it could do on a really bad spot. Note, this spot has to be professionally fixed and repainted. I figured I'd give it a shot anyways just to see the product in action.

Before:
DSC_0125.gif

DSC_0126.gif

After:
DSC_0128.gif

DSC_0129.gif

All pictures taken after one pass of the compound only. No other polishes, glazes, or wax applied.

Very pleased with the chemical guys' products. Worked much better than the ClearKote products I had been using. All swirls were easily removed and most scratches as well. I really like their Pete's 53' wax as well.

Users who are viewing this thread