Lifes Lessons

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
this thread is because of something ignorant I did that caused some harm to my L today. post up your lifes lessons regarding your L or other cherished vehicles.

I popped my hood to check my battery(needed number to get a quote on another) and I had an umbrella(the kind that you use at the beach) in my hand. instead of dropping it on the ground, i leaned it up against the grill/surrond. when i closed the hood the metal pole was high enough to interfere with closing the hood. the metal pole caused a tiny piece of my Cervini hood to come off. :nonono: its right in the center to boot. needless to say i'm pissed.

Lesson-never lean ANYTHING up againt your Ride.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I once sat a ratchet on my rear bumper, and while talking to a friend, got distracted and let the tailgate down on top of the ratchet which led to a small dent in the bottom right side of my tailgate.

It's not really noticeable unless I point it out, but...it's there nonetheless.:whine:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
I once sat a ratchet on my rear bumper, and while talking to a friend, got distracted and let the tailgate down on top of the ratchet which led to a small dent in the bottom right side of my tailgate.

It's not really noticeable unless I point it out, but...it's there nonetheless.:whine:

I left a remote contral also on the rear bumper. drove 3 miles before I flew off while turning left.

SVT2122

Established Member
Everyone told me to drive slower...

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

Now I drive slower.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Never do a WOT shift into O.D. with a stock block, pullied L. I'm sure you can guess what club thay earned me a membership to.

fuzzydice

White Hot Lightning
Established Member
Never do a WOT shift into O.D. with a stock block, pullied L. I'm sure you can guess what club thay earned me a membership to.

what if u get to the end of 3rd gear, but u still wanna do the 140mph ur truck is capable of??

dont u need another gear??

yes i know its bad to do a WOT run with O/D on but im just asking...

LSUstang05

Established Member
what if u get to the end of 3rd gear, but u still wanna do the 140mph ur truck is capable of??

dont u need another gear??

yes i know its bad to do a WOT run with O/D on but im just asking...
Yes, you need another gear. If you want to hit 140mph, get a different vehicle or put a 6 speed in the truck. OD + boost = newest member of windowed block club

04troublez

SUPERCARGADA
Established Member
well this is what happen to me. after i had finished waxing my L
like around 6pm i took it for a spin. then i got invited to a party so i went
when it was over like around 2am i was driving in the middle lane of I95 going like
100mph with no traffic i shoved this black car out to the shoulder because
he was driving with no lights. at that moment "i was damn, i f-up my lightning"
but i just kept going. In the morning i woke up and theres a big azz black
scratch from the lightning emblem to the end of the passenger door, and
a dent on the back fender but you can barely notice it. The black scratch
just came of with wax it. Thats all it happen to the L. So now i be thinking
"whats the L made of"?

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
i opened my door into my tool box that sits on the drivers side. It usually clears it when the door opens completly but my friend didnt shut the wrench drawer so it scraped the edge of the door. You have to look for it but i know its there.

I once was rinsing my truck off with a pressure washer and the motor ran out of gas and the wand then with no pressure put a nice 1/16 inch scratch in the lf fender where it meets the grill suround

04johno

SVT...It's an addiction.
While detailing the lightning I forgot to fold my windshield wipers back down on the windshield and when I went to clean under the hood, well lets just say the hood folded them down for me.Two scratches on the back edge of the hood at least its in a hard to see area.lesson well learned.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Go to unbolt the alternator cables without disconnecting the battery....did a little arc welding between my ratchet and the t-stat housing :D LOL!

Getting frustrated with the stupid garden hose kinking while washing the truck, and like normal, whip the hose in a circular motion to try and get the kink out and get the water flowing again....well, did it a little too close to the truck, and the hose whipped the passenger lower door and put some nice scratches in it....never was too lazy to walk over to the kink to get it out after that lol

I'm sure there's more I'll think of later lol

02TruBlue

Think of the Children
Established Member
I had just cleaned out my garage big time in hopes that I'd be able to fit my truck in there while detailing it. I inch up to the door ever so steadily to make sure im center...ok looks good.....a little more....CRACK....yeah.....forgot to fold those mirrors in. What an idiot. Only took a tiny bit of paint off the rim of the mirror, but still.

NEXT:

Just got done doing my full exhaust. I showed up at my friends house and it started to rain. We decide rather then doing it another day, we could just pull it into his garage. His garage used to be a 2 car before he extended his living room, taking up half of it. So, most of the day later, exhaust is on, leakes like hell (never buying used exhaust parts again), im pissed, and just need to get the HELL out of that cramped ass garage with no room to move. So here I go, back out slowly.....slowwwwly, make sure its centered, looks good....a little more....CRUNCH. Ended up brushing the door trim...took some paint off the wheel well and left a nice 2 inch dent. Will be going to the body shop soon. Talk about a sour icing on the crap cake.

Life lesson: Garages and 02trublue DO NOT mix:fm:

Jeff_Svt22

Established Member
Getting frustrated with the stupid garden hose kinking while washing the truck, and like normal, whip the hose in a circular motion to try and get the kink out and get the water flowing again....well, did it a little too close to the truck, and the hose whipped the passenger lower door and put some nice scratches in it....never was too lazy to walk over to the kink to get it out after that lol

add me to that club!

Jeff_Svt22

Established Member
While detailing the lightning I forgot to fold my windshield wipers back down on the windshield and when I went to clean under the hood, well lets just say the hood folded them down for me.Two scratches on the back edge of the hood at least its in a hard to see area.lesson well learned.

and that club..lol except i dont really have any scratches.....

MEANSVT

Established Member

I did this to man did it piss me off i was able to fix it pretty well with some touch up paint though.

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
man im glad to hear im not the only one thats polish lol

off the top of my head the stupidest thing i did was use a 10 hp powerwasher on my t top camaro.....the interior wasnt too bad even thought i was an ass for spraying the roof. the worst was that i concentrated the blast of it on this "dirt" that ended up being a little touch up paint from the only rock chip it had and i blasted the touch up paint off along with some of the surrounding paint. man i was pissed

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I don't have much on the L yet, but while changing the wiper blades on my last truck I left the arm up with no wiper on it while I got the new wiper ready. When I went to put the new wiper on I bumped the arm and it snapped down hard enough to crack my windsheild all the way across.

Users who are viewing this thread