Life Expectancy for Nitto 555RII Extremes's?

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Can you or anyone help me out in informing me about this tire? I just went through my 555r's and am looking for something with more life to them. I do not go to the track often to care about drag radials so I looked into the 555RII and want to know a little more about them. I have 555's up front and would like to match those as close as I can. My wheel set up is 18" 9/10's and I was running a 305/35/18 on an IRS rear. Can someone help by pointing me to a good radial and info on this Nitto and tire size options? Can I go bigger on the sidewall ect.? It does not have to be a Nitto tire but I need a radial of some type with good performance. The car in the sig is mine incase you were wondering what car it is for. Thanks guys.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post. We would be happy to help.

The NT555RII is an R-compound competition tire just like the NT555R Drag Radial. The difference is in the construction. The 555RII has a reinforced carcass with stiffer sidewalls for increased response and cornering. This model is designed for road racing and auto-x. The 555R Drag Radial has a semi-radial construction with a softer sidewall for off the line traction. IN-terms of life, both models will last about the same but you may see a few thousand more miles on the NT555RII depending on how hard you drive.

If you want more life without sacrifing a lot of performance, the NT05 Max Performance is a great model to look into. This model is produced in size 295/35-18 which fits great on your 10" wide wheels and typically lasts anywhere from 15K to 20K miles. If you haven't already, check out the thread linked below.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/discount-tire-direct-235/543676-nitto-nt05.html

I hope this information helps.

Last edited:

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Yes it does help a lot thanks. Do you know how well the 295/45/18 would fit on out cars? I feel like it would be close. I really wanted another 305 tire for the look but I might pull the trigger on the NT05. Do we SVTP'ers get some kind of promo if we order through you?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Tire size 295/45-18 is not recommended on your application as the rolling diameter is almost 3" taller than factory. This can create issues with the ECU and transmission. I have seen it done before but I can't recall which modifications or what tunes were used.

WE do not offer an discounts here but we do guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper delivered price, we'll certainy beat it!

RcodeStang

Established Member
If you want more life without sacrifing a lot of performance, the NT05 Max Performance is a great model to look into. This model is produced in size 295/35-18 which fits great on your 10" wide wheels and typically lasts anywhere from 15K to 20K miles. If you haven't already, check out the thread linked below.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/discount-tire-direct-235/543676-nitto-nt05.html

I hope this information helps.

Where are you getting 15-20k miles as the life of NT05s? If that's true I'll be buying them. Every other tire in it's class seems to be getting about 10k miles street/autox on cars of our weight.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Averages from user reviews across multiple boards under street use. Life expectancy will certainly go down if the tires are pushed to their limits like they are in Auto-X.

Users who are viewing this thread