Life after the "Terminator"

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I thought I would bump the thread since it has been awhile and it is getting close to my favorite time of year, NMRA in Bradenton. I have been putting a few last minute touches on the truck and getting ready for the show. I hope to see a few of you out there.

Jeff

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I thought I would bump the thread since it has been awhile and it is getting close to my favorite time of year, NMRA in Bradenton. I have been putting a few last minute touches on the truck and getting ready for the show. I hope to see a few of you out there.

Jeff

Looking forward to the show myself. See you out there.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Can’t believe I still haven’t seen this truck on the road. I’m in palm harbor, Clearwater area. If I make it out to Bradenton this year I’m definitely gonna keep an eye out.
-Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbrown1238

Established Member
Looking forward to the show myself. See you out there.

I always watch for you out there. I know we both have been going for a lot of years. I still find myself looking for that Comp Orange 04 of yours. Then I remember those were the old days!

jbrown1238

Established Member
Hey Ryan,

Here is where you can catch a quick sighting during the work week. LOL!

9:00 am, west bound on East Bay at Belcher
9:15 am, northbound on Belcher at Drew.
9:30 am, northbound on US 19 at Curlew.
9:50 am, eastbound on Keystone at US 19.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I always watch for you out there. I know we both have been going for a lot of years. I still find myself looking for that Comp Orange 04 of yours. Then I remember those were the old days!

Yep, then was the Black 12', GB 13' Boss, and now the Silver 16' GT. I am tossing around the idea of True Street on Saturday and Bracket 2 on Sunday. Last year I was runner up of over 100 cars.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Glad to see you still around and thanks for the update Jeff! Hope all is well.

Hey Kevin, same here, glad to see you are still around as well. Hard to believe so many years have passed. Seems like just yesterday we were all waiting for the Terminators to be released. Man! I feel so old!

All is good, I can't discuss the details just yet but the Ranger was completely destroyed back in July 2017 and I was put on the sidelines. The good news is my son picked up a few tricks through the years and jumped in. Once everything settles down I will have another chapter for this thread.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Yep, then was the Black 12', GB 13' Boss, and now the Silver 16' GT. I am tossing around the idea of True Street on Saturday and Bracket 2 on Sunday. Last year I was runner up of over 100 cars.

Good deal! I will be watching for you out there. Got to love those 16's! My wife still has hers and still won't let me near the driver seat! I hope to have it sitting next to my truck in the car show section on Saturday and Sunday.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hey Kevin, same here, glad to see you are still around as well. Hard to believe so many years have passed. Seems like just yesterday we were all waiting for the Terminators to be released. Man! I feel so old!

All is good, I can't discuss the details just yet but the Ranger was completely destroyed back in July 2017 and I was put on the sidelines. The good news is my son picked up a few tricks through the years and jumped in. Once everything settles down I will have another chapter for this thread.
Oh shit man :(

That was my favorite little truck.

How many miles were on it when it happened?

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Not to hijack the thread but I am thinking about bringing a car to the show this year. What is involved in getting in? I come every year but have never shown anything.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member

Son of a bitch. I just found this thread today. I feel like I just watched an amazing movie and then CURVE BALL... the main character dies at the end.

Sorry to hear. The truck was awesome.

thegooch27

Good deal! I will be watching for you out there. Got to love those 16's! My wife still has hers and still won't let me near the driver seat! I hope to have it sitting next to my truck in the car show section on Saturday and Sunday.

Hi Jbrown - Great write-up. A wealth of information in here. I am curious if you were able to get cruise control working with this swap? I apologize if you addressed this already. I've read a great deal but haven't come across anything.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Oh shit man :(

That was my favorite little truck.

How many miles were on it when it happened?

I was able to rack up over 130,000 miles before it was totaled. I bought it back from the insurance company, fixed it, and have put another 30,000 miles on it since then.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Not to hijack the thread but I am thinking about bringing a car to the show this year. What is involved in getting in? I come every year but have never shown anything.

You can go in the east entrance and tell them you want to enter the car show. They will take your money and get you pointed in the right direction.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Son of a bitch. I just found this thread today. I feel like I just watched an amazing movie and then CURVE BALL... the main character dies at the end.

Sorry to hear. The truck was awesome.

Thanks. It was heartbreaking for me but like I mentioned my son jumped in and got it squared away while I was out of commission. After 45 days it was back to work and running up and down the road every day.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Hi Jbrown - Great write-up. A wealth of information in here. I am curious if you were able to get cruise control working with this swap? I apologize if you addressed this already. I've read a great deal but haven't come across anything.

Thank you, yes, I was able to get the cruise control working for a short time. Then I added LED lights throughout the truck and that caused problems for the cruise control. Mainly the LED brake lights and the low voltage they operate on. I didn't use the cruise control enough to justify sorting it all out after that.

thegooch27

Thank you, yes, I was able to get the cruise control working for a short time. Then I added LED lights throughout the truck and that caused problems for the cruise control. Mainly the LED brake lights and the low voltage they operate on. I didn't use the cruise control enough to justify sorting it all out after that.

That's weird but sounds like as long as I don't add any low voltage accessories it should work then. Thanks for the quick response and inspiration.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

I know what you mean Jeff. It happens fast! LOL I did get to drive my 04 a couple of weeks ago and I realized I haven't seen it or drove it in 7 years!

Sorry to hear about that. Not sure what I would do after all that work! Hope your OK.

Chief singer

Hi Jeff had the privilege of meeting you and your ranger in a doctors office parking lot couple of weeks ago in Largo. I knew the truck was something special but had no idea until I read the form,several times,what an amazing accomplishment.

Users who are viewing this thread