LFP is the Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I'd been trying to get my "tuner" on the phone all day to no luck. I knew LFP had a great REP on here but I wanted my guy who won't answer the phone. I finally gave up and called LFP. I explained my problem with the truck and how it would run fine until you got to 8lbs. of boost and then fall on its face missing. They agreed with mine and a friend's conclusion of burnt plugs. They recommended either Denso's or the new Brisk. SO.... I ordered a set of Brisk, a canton expansion tank and a new heat exchanger with Lightning stenciled on it. It was amazing to have some one sell you what you want, have it in stock and be able to get it to you in less than 3 days. The topping is they know their stuff. Thanks Guys!!!!!!

Last edited:

04Black

Established Member
Mark (LFP) is one of the best vendors out there!!!!!
He'll go that extra mile for ya!!!

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
did you check your plugs and see if one or more were burnt out. i think im having the same problem.

JJ@WMS

Banned
Brisks are still available? Make sure you get the right heat range or you'll burn up another set of plugs. Brisks were tested over and over again and the general consensus is that they are junk.

It sounds like your tune is off if you burnt up a set of plugs already. You may still want to talk to your tuner or you will just wind up buying more and more parts that someone will sell you without actually fixing the issue that you already have.

Good luck,

JJ@WMS

Freedom

Established Member
I knew it was only a matter of time before JJ showed up. It seems to me that you just cant stand for LFP to get any positive press, you jump in on every little thing, and how many times are you going to claim that LFP isnt an SCT dealer?

This isnt a very professional way to do things, taking little jabs at every opportunity at other vendors. Especially in a public forum. I cant speak for anyone but myself, but you have ruled yourself out as a potential source for any of my future purchases. If you act this unprofessionally here I can only imagine how you act in the business world. Mark on the other hand routinely helps out people who venture onto these forums, and has the integrity to not run around taking little jabs at other vendors. So, tell us, are you including Mark as one of these people who would just sell you more parts without trying to fix the problem itself......or is that just about some other vendor?

FordFanStan

Established Member
I dont want to be rude or be in the middle of any of that ^^^^, (wait this is contradictive or else I wouldnt be having any input right now, but I really dont), anyhow even though I have never had work or business from JJ or from Mark really, I just dont see it as wrong having input from him in the forums. Mark inputs as well, and as well as others. So far I have had nothing but good from all the L vendors and I dont know why its bad if any of them chime in. I know I like it if any of them chime in on info no matter if there tryin to sell stuff or not, as long as they give accurate info, I appreciate it... Just cus they give some info doesn't mean Ill buy from them, maybe Im wrong, I dont know, but I see JJ, (AND THE OTHERS) tryin to help AND to sell at the same time... What would you honestly do if you were a vendor???... my .02 cents... Stan....

Mark@LFP

Banned
James,

To set the record straight to all reading and listening, James and I had a very long conversation. I never tried to sell James Brisk plugs. I gave him the information about several plugs and James chose Brisk. IF JAMES has a problem with the Brisk ( JJ ), which he will not, I will replace them with another set of plugs of his (second) choice for free.
Yes, I sell Brisk plugs, still around, in spite of your attempt to assasinate them on ModFord last year. Yes, they have been tested and dynoed with good results. I sell hundreds of them to the Ford community, GM community, Harley Davidson Motorcycle community, BMW community, Nissan community and much more. I have customers now on there second set and converting their friends and family members.

JJ,

Is your goal in life to troll around looking for LFP to post so you can make an attempt at looking intelligent? Try harder. You have been booted off most forums not once but twice, yet you don't learn. Your last feable attack was on NLOC while I was in West TX> being evacuated by hurricane Rita with my family. What a cheap shot that was. Do the right thing and go take care of your business and stop trying to be a hero. Your credability is in the toilet now.
IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE.

James,

Expansion tank is LFP's and is twice the size as Canton. Your order shipped. You ordered Monday night at 7:00pm and shipped Tues. I hope you avoided the wrath of your wife :)
In the background I heard here say $3.49. Your answer, " no $349.00 " I almost split my gut.lol :beer:

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
www.lightningforceperformance.com
" Check IT Out "

Last edited:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I'm willing to try a set. They've got to be better than the 5,000 miles I've put on the NGK TR6'S. If not I'm sure I can screw them up too. My wife got over it so far. I think she just didn't like it because the truck was down and I'm still ordering go fast goodies. The truck should be fine with the new plugs. Those old ones just wouldn't hold up to a long run. The tune is okay too. I pushed the trusk from 60-70 up to 140 on 15lbs of boost. The outside temp was 85 so it wasn't the best to be playing. The plugs just couldn't take it. It still runs but not under heavy boost.

Last edited:

Mark@LFP

Banned
James,

As I stated earlier. If your not 100% satisfied I will replace them for free. have great day. Speak to you soon

JJ@WMS

Banned
Mark@LFP said:
James,

To set the record straight to all reading and listening, James and I had a very long conversation. I never tried to sell James Brisk plugs. I gave him the information about several plugs and James chose Brisk. IF JAMES has a problem with the Brisk ( JJ ), which he will not, I will replace them with another set of plugs of his (second) choice for free.
Yes, I sell Brisk plugs, still around, in spite of your attempt to assasinate them on ModFord last year. Yes, they have been tested and dynoed with good results. I sell hundreds of them to the Ford community, GM community, Harley Davidson Motorcycle community, BMW community, Nissan community and much more. I have customers now on there second set and converting their friends and family members.

JJ,

Is your goal in life to troll around looking for LFP to post so you can make an attempt at looking intelligent? Try harder. You have been booted off most forums not once but twice, yet you don't learn. Your last feable attack was on NLOC while I was in West TX> being evacuated by hurricane Rita with my family. What a cheap shot that was. Do the right thing and go take care of your business and stop trying to be a hero. Your credability is in the toilet now.
IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE.

James,

Expansion tank is LFP's and is twice the size as Canton. Your order shipped. You ordered Monday night at 7:00pm and shipped Tues. I hope you avoided the wrath of your wife :)
In the background I heard here say $3.49. Your answer, " no $349.00 " I almost split my gut.lol :beer:

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "

I wont waste my time with a long winded description of what happened when the Brisks first came out and the numerous engine issues that arose from being sold the wrong heat range that were sold to consumers on an untested product. (Look it up on Modfords, its is a FACT).

See, the problem here is that a product has been tested by the end user (the consumer) and not the reseller (as it should have been) to ensure that it would perform as advertised, so the consumer is left holding the bag.

The hype on Brisks was just that, hype and if you dont believe me, do a search.

Mark, you are so committed to trying to make it look like I am trying to discredit you and all I did was give my HONEST OPINION on the plugs that this person bought, excuse me for giving my opinion. Did I say anything negative about the other products he bought from you? Nope, sure didnt..

Before anyone, including Mark, starts to think that I dont some of LFP's products, they only need to look as far as one of my customers that had bought alot of product from Mark at my reccomendation. (Daryl). He has bought several items because I dont carry them and they are a good deal from LFP. But I guess because I give a negative review of a few LFP products and services I'm labeled as a hater? Give me a break Mark.

Of course LFP will refund/replace the plugs if your not happy, but its you that will have to do the plug change and if for some reason your tune is still wrong, and/or the plugs do fail again and you do engine damage, who's gonna pay for that?

Just trying to help here, but if it goes against the LFP scheme of things, I apologize ahead of time.

As I have done already in email Mark, let me do it here and congratulate you on your recent SCT dealer status. Its a great company.

Also, I would think that the opinion of someone that works on these vehicles day in and day out, spends countless hours on the dyno tuning these vehicles and fixing issues such as the one brought up by the thread starter, would be welcomed here, it can only benefit the community dont you think?

JJ@WMS

Mark@LFP

Banned
JJ,

JJ@WMS said:
See, the problem here is that a product has been tested by the end user (the consumer) and not the reseller (as it should have been) to ensure that it would perform as advertised, so the consumer is left holding the bag.JJ@WMS

I don't mind your opinion. I do mind you spouting your opinion as fact.
The fact is these are not new plugs. They have been around the performance/race circuit in Europe for decades. Even with the plug being around for decades, when approached by Brisk, we still tested them for over a year before offering them to the general public. We did not use the public as the test bed. This has been stated before so it's apparent your not interested in the truth.
LFP still sell as many sets of Brisk as LFP sells Denso, NGK etc....so your assanination attempt didn't work.
You know this because it has been discussed on other forums yet you still attempt to sell your opinion.
I can locate instances where other " brands " of plugs have failed, burned. It's not an exclusive of anyone plug. I have replaced Densos when after an install the tips broke off. With your many years in the shop I'm sure you can say the same. This means we should expect to see you poping into other plug related threads with your experience on other brands!?.
Misleading the general public with your opinion as fact isn't helping anyone. There are dozens of plugs that will work well in these vehicles. I offer as many as 4. If you have a beef with one of those brands then your welcome not to offer them or install them.
But you, as always, are fighting a loosing battle with your " I'm here only to help " nonsense.
Again JJ you come into a thread where you do not belong. Read the Title. LFP IS THE BEST. Not, I'm changing my plugs please help me decide on which to use.
We are overflowing with joy that you spend countless hrs. dynoing and working on these trucks. Your in good company.

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I buy all kinds of stuff from Mark, but I had a set of brisks melt on me. I have been using NGK's for a while now with all my mods and Haven't had any problems. But who else would warrantee something like that?? If you try them and they suck we'll give you something else. Thats outstanding customer service.

Jesse

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
PimpRohr said:
But who else would warrantee something like that?? If you try them and they suck we'll give you something else. Thats outstanding customer service.

Jesse

Yup. I agree.

:pop:

Mark@LFP

Banned
In James case he has an issue with NGK's burning up. This is my point. I will not stop selling NGK's. Everyone has there favorite and know's what will work for them. I also have customers who will switch after having a bad experience with a certain plug after years of running " there prefered plug ".

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "

JJ@WMS

Banned
I agree Mark, there are several plugs that work for our vehicles, but the Brisk isnt one of them, especially when the first sets were of the wrong heat range and some Cobra owners had major issues with them. The problem with the Brisks is that there is no ground strap there to hold the porcelain from dropping into the cylinder if it breaks off due to high heat or wrong heatrange.

Yup, they all can burn up from the wrong tune, bad intercooler pumps or other issues, and that was my point in my original post, along with sharing my first hand experience with the Brisks. (ask strickly, I bought a set from them and was given the wrong heatrange). The set I bought was tested and pictures were posted to prove their is no "ring of fire" as was stated by you and others, the spark will still go to the path of least resistance and arc in one spot.

My "assasination attempt" at these plugs is not aimed at your company, it is aimed at the plug themselves not working in our applications as well as other plugs and also their inability to own up to such statements as "100 percent fuel burn" among others. Also, my "opinion" is based upon testing and as you can see by doing a search on Modfords, I was the only one to test them and post pictures of said test, none of the retailers, including LFP did any extensive testing of these plugs, unless you consider selling them and letting your customers test them for you.

There are plenty of people still running these plugs with no problems for sure, I'm not arguing that, I'm merely stating my findings and that these plugs have issues and thats been proven.

I promised I wouldnt get into a long winded discussion about these plugs, but I guess I did.

Its just a product Mark and its one that you most likely werent testing before you sold them, just like the intercooler tank that breaks straps from engine torque, if you would have tested that before selling them, you would have found out the strap breakage issues long before shipping any out.

I'm sure its against the rules to put forth information that could be construed as negative, but the truth, wether it be negative or not, should still be allowed to exist.

Try to make people think that I'm out to bash you Mark, that couldnt be any further from the truth.

Oh, one more thing, this wasnt "your thread" Mark, it was the members thread and he is allowed to hear others opinions on products that he bought, it wouldnt matter if he bought them from you or from me, everyone is entitled to tell him their opinions.

Enjoy your day everyone,

JJ@WMS

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The bottom line is that I have bought things from many different vendors, whether on here or not, and LFP-Mark-is the ONLY one that sends me pm's or emails offering to BEAT ANY ADVERTISED PRICE AND WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD. That is where my $$ goes usually, who is cheapest. LFP does have some of the best cust. service there is no doubt about it. Mark is also the only vendor that has taken any time to speak with me on any kind of personal level, even though we have never met! No other vendors on any of the sites I belong to come close to the amount of responses and attention given to the forums as LFP devotes. Mark even went so far as to give me a retroactive deal on something that he put on special two weeks after I bought it from him! Now all you other vendors-whomever you are-can quit your bitching because it's falling on deaf ears as no matter what is said LFP cannot be touched for the level of professionalism and attention given to it's customers.

Let's not forget that Mark has TWO businesses and still manages to run his performance side better than those with only ONE.

Thanks again Mark and those at LFP for being second to none and providing exceptional service and prices to all.

Freedom

Established Member
JJ@WMS said:
I agree Mark, there are several plugs that work for our vehicles, but the Brisk isnt one of them, especially when the first sets were of the wrong heat range and some Cobra owners had major issues with them. The problem with the Brisks is that there is no ground strap there to hold the porcelain from dropping into the cylinder if it breaks off due to high heat or wrong heatrange.

Yup, they all can burn up from the wrong tune, bad intercooler pumps or other issues, and that was my point in my original post, along with sharing my first hand experience with the Brisks. (ask strickly, I bought a set from them and was given the wrong heatrange). The set I bought was tested and pictures were posted to prove their is no "ring of fire" as was stated by you and others, the spark will still go to the path of least resistance and arc in one spot.

My "assasination attempt" at these plugs is not aimed at your company, it is aimed at the plug themselves not working in our applications as well as other plugs and also their inability to own up to such statements as "100 percent fuel burn" among others. Also, my "opinion" is based upon testing and as you can see by doing a search on Modfords, I was the only one to test them and post pictures of said test, none of the retailers, including LFP did any extensive testing of these plugs, unless you consider selling them and letting your customers test them for you.

There are plenty of people still running these plugs with no problems for sure, I'm not arguing that, I'm merely stating my findings and that these plugs have issues and thats been proven.

I promised I wouldnt get into a long winded discussion about these plugs, but I guess I did.

Its just a product Mark and its one that you most likely werent testing before you sold them, just like the intercooler tank that breaks straps from engine torque, if you would have tested that before selling them, you would have found out the strap breakage issues long before shipping any out.

I'm sure its against the rules to put forth information that could be construed as negative, but the truth, wether it be negative or not, should still be allowed to exist.

Try to make people think that I'm out to bash you Mark, that couldnt be any further from the truth.

Oh, one more thing, this wasnt "your thread" Mark, it was the members thread and he is allowed to hear others opinions on products that he bought, it wouldnt matter if he bought them from you or from me, everyone is entitled to tell him their opinions.

Enjoy your day everyone,

JJ@WMS

My post wasnt an attempt to make people think you were bashing mark, it was a comment on the numerous times I have seen you take little cheap shots at Mark mostly, but "other vendors". You act like the vendors that support our trucks are out there just reaming it to us. As far as I know, all the vendors we have are pretty decent guys. Jim and Johnny have a little feud going but they are still great to their customers. Mark is without question an all around great guy, and has the integrity that most performance related businesses lack nowadays.

All I am saying is that most of us are as defensive about our vendors as we are about our trucks. Criticism of them would be the equivalent of you talking smack about Lightnings, and its not very well received.

My initial inquiry about mark recommending brisks wasnt a snap at Mark, it was because I am having terrible luck with NGK's and was hoping maybe he found something in the Brisks or some other brand that worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread