LFP bolts, changing inner belt.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Alright so i got everything off including pulley bridge, etc to change out my inner driver belt except the LFP cage. I got one bolt off but the previous owner i guess stripped the other 2 bolts!!! How the hell can i change the belt or get the bolts off? Frustrated, took 2 hours to get all that other shit out the way. Stupid bolts are brittle i guess, other bolt barely came out. Aureoles peepss said there's nothing i can use to get the bolt out since it is flush. I was told maybe if i use a dremel i can cut a straight line and maybe use a flat head to get it off. this is killing me...

Sorry mods, i posted in the new edge section, i was using my phone at work.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
IMG_0509_zpsx53bv3za.jpg

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
out of ideas, tried bunch of allens, torqs, i can;t this off. neighbor suggested cutting it off and buying another. any help?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
no, i asked the peeps at oriellys and they looked at me like i was stupid

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
They are stupid. An easy out would probably do ya. My brother broke one of my blower to lower manifold bolts putting my blower back in. He got it our with a drill but or something Ill ask him tomorrow how.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
thanks man i really appreciate it. guess i have to remove fan n what not for more room. shouldn't be this hard to do,car is really pissing me off

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I have tools I used on my powerstroke a few years back busted a thermostat housing bolt. If it is a hex head they also make ones with teeth that when you try to spin it off will cut into the bolt and grab it. Thats what I needed when I rounded that bolt off. If the head is gone then something can grab the inside if you drill it out some with a bit.

TRBO VNM

You could drill the bolt head off and then skip the bracket off. I have also had to just cut through the spacer on the back and through the bolt so it would come off and then buy a new bolt and spacer kit from Metco. You don't have to cut that main bracket.

TRBO VNM

Also if you can locate some reverse drill bits, those might even remove the bolt while drilling the center out.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
You could drill the bolt head off and then skip the bracket off. I have also had to just cut through the spacer on the back and through the bolt so it would come off and then buy a new bolt and spacer kit from Metco. You don't have to cut that main bracket.

good info, what does the spacer kit cost? i was thinking once it is removed to get a bolt with a head that way i can use a damn socket next time.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i will sue them for everything they have..."any bolt in any shape" lol

i can try the reverse drill bits too. i've spent so much o these lil pieces :/

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I had to cut one off awhile back. Dremel tool with a cutoff wheel, then got a new bolt to take it's place. Not a lot of fun, but that was the only way I could do it. You are not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread