Lexan Front Windshield

Rocketir

Established Member
I had a large rock hit the middle of my front windshield. I might try to have it filled but it looks pretty large. If I have to get it changed. I was thinking about changing to a Lexan front.
http://www.jpcracing.com/optic-armor-3-16-front-windshield-tinted-drop-in-s197-chassis/
Does anyone have any experience with these? I see that the 3/16 is good for 160 mph. I don't really drag race and the 160 mph limit I should be good with too. I was just looking into this option because I have never had good luck with replacement glass lasting as long as the original factory glass. I would rather pay a little extra, shave some weight off the nose, and have a better product.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Problem with a polycarbonate replacement, is when you clean it , it leaves scratches .
Eventually , it will be dicficult to see out of .
Pay the extra , and get a ford replacement .

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I have optic armor on my 04 cobra front and rear. Way lighter than factory and the quality is top notch. Haven't driven the car since I installed them but I have washed it a few times and everything is still perfect

raustin0017

Established Member
I had a large rock hit dead center of my drivers side field of view and decided to call Safelite. They use OEM direct replacement and the tech did an outstanding job. I watched every moment of his work and like many was worried about replacing the stock glass. The job was perfect and was preformed in my driveway and cost me zero. Thanks USAA!

Users who are viewing this thread