LEVEL 5 IRS or THE RED PILL

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
so did we ever figure out the available list of shocks for the rear that actually work and are a direct replacement?

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Question about the Qa-1 shocks and Bilstein hardware needed ....

"read to b-1/b-4 for my conundrums"

All this info was copied and pasted from page one description's of what to do and whats needed.

B-1. Seperate the top nut/washer from the centering rubber plug/steel sleeve.
Re:
None of above is used except steel sleeve on new shocks right ?

B-2. Seperate the steel sleeve (pictured here) from the rubber plug on the top washer, shorten it to 5/8".

Re:
ok

B-3. Cut the center hole of the provided Strange rubber mount washer to 1" (big enough to allow the bilstein plug to mate with it. Put the shortened steel sleeve back in the rubber plug, make sure the modified Strange rubber mount washer will fit it and install.

Re:
ok

B-4. Sleeve and plug go on the bottom (through the shock tower, rubber mount washer goes on top with one metal washer Strange provided. That will prevent this specific clunk.

Re:
this one I am curious about , do we use the original bilstein top shock washer and grommet Or use the strange upper grommet with there steel washer included ?

Any info will be greatly appreciated TIA

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Awesome post, subscribing.

Mustang shopd ought to package #1-5 together and just call it "The Postban" modification.

jiggen01

Established Member
1)Billetflow Diff Cover Brace $160
2)MM Diff bushings $50 or $250
3)MMFLSFC's installed $250-300 installed
4)MM IRS Bushings $50 with 14mm bolts/nuts $15
5)Billetflow IRS Mount Brackets $50

mm has subframe bushings listed on there site, is that #4 the mm irs bushings

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
1)Billetflow Diff Cover Brace $160
2)MM Diff bushings $50 or $250
3)MMFLSFC's installed $250-300 installed
4)MM IRS Bushings $50 with 14mm bolts/nuts $15
5)Billetflow IRS Mount Brackets $50

mm has subframe bushings listed on there site, is that #4 the mm irs bushings

yes

04_orange_3.8

Established Member
thanks for the info, i just picked up a IRS for my 6er. and the T56. Ihope to have them installed soon.
the only things i need, is a cobra drive shaft, subframe connectors, all the stuff on your list for under500hp, a flywheel, i think they say i need a 157 tooth flywheel with v6 crank holes, under axle pipes, and suspension.

im planning on a full coilover set up. how will this take away from the IRS feel? if it does at all.

04_orange_3.8

Established Member
i have seen that picture. i was just hopeing i could get a better one. and more detail of what this does.

it looks kinda like you have to cut then weld. im not capable of doing that.

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
Fantastic Information!
I have an 03 Convert. I was wondering if I would benifit from going the route of using
ac427cobra's kit and replace every bushing in the rear end. or am i wasting my money?
I am also looking at the kenny brown matrix FLSFC's and front and rear strut tower braces.
any advice is greatly appreciated!
-Jake

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Subscribed! Thanks for the detailed instructions and advice! #1 thread of all time!!! :beer:

Just an update for you guys. Since I posted last in this thread, I've done a fully built SRA setup and it is by far the best modification that I've done to the Terminator and that says a lot coming from me. Here's the list of goodies...

Rear End:
  • Moser 31 Spline Axles
  • Moroso 3" Press In Studs
  • Moser Sealed Axle Bearings
  • Eaton Posi 31 Spline Differential
  • TA Performance Differential Cover
  • Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
  • Maximum Motorsports Heavy Duty Torque Arm
  • Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilovers With 250lb. Hypercoils

:rockon:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Fantastic Information!
I have an 03 Convert. I was wondering if I would benifit from going the route of using
ac427cobra's kit and replace every bushing in the rear end. or am i wasting my money?
I am also looking at the kenny brown matrix FLSFC's and front and rear strut tower braces.
any advice is greatly appreciated!
-Jake

I'm also curious of which is superior ac427cobra's stuff or MM stuff as far as all the bushings are concerned?

icefly

Giddy Up!
Established Member
Fantastic post!! I like the IRS and I feel it is what makes the '03-'04 Cobra unique.

This red pill plan seems to be the hot ticket for strengthening and making it much better!!

Users who are viewing this thread