• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Lets talk injectors.

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by GodStang, Aug 22, 2019.

1. decipha

decipha Active Member Established Member

what is your base fuel pressure at? if you need just a bit more you can crank it up a bit

ive always used the bosch 220lb hig impedance injectors with great results.

In fact I run the bosch 220lb injectors on my 02 harley truck. I daily drive it ocassionally on regular pump gas with no problems. She idles perfectly at stoich still using the stock eec-v ecu which has less processing power than the 03/04 cobra ecu.

GodStang likes this.
  2. GodStang

GodStang Well-Known Member Established Member

I am at either 50 or 55 psi base pressure. We discuss giving that a go but where my setup was with the 2.8LC and where my setup should be with the 3.6LC with about 4 more psi on boost, not sure turning up the base pressure would be a better choice than just replacing injectors.

3. SecondhandSnake

SecondhandSnake Member Established Member

Any links to those? Those sound like a great deal.

I'm surprised to hear that. Aren't those the CNG based ones? I had seen some complaints about poor longevity and control at short pulsewidth and that had steered me away from them. But if they work for you I wouldn't doubt them. Where did you source them from? They seem pretty tough to get a hold of.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  4. GodStang

https://kurganmotorsports.co/shop?k...s/fuel-injector-clinic-1200cc-injectors-79-19

5. decipha

its the same core as the id2000

there is a guy that sells them on ebay that i have heard people saying they have had good results last i knew he sold over 500 of them.

6. Soap

Soap Well-Known Member Established Member

Josh I'm amazed that you have read so many issues with the ID's. They are without question at the top of the injector list and if you ask some quality tuners, they are the only injector they will tune in their customers cars. It's not so much the physical characteristics of the injector but the quality/accuracy of data they provide you with for tuning purposes. Guys like Kevin Hand, Bob Monk etc have posted about this on FB before.

Malcolm had no issues dialing in the ID 1700's on my car (stock ECU).

--Joe

7. GodStang

Joe-

Sorry was not trying to imply any issues with IDs just the fact that a good number of tuners I know in both Ford and Chevy world have gone away from IDs and claim they like the FICs or FIDs better at half the cost. I had issues with IDs years ago but think it was more a Ford computer problem than then injector problem and with me looking hard at the MS3 PNP I am trying to see what else is out there.

DSG2003Mach1 likes this.
  8. Soap

Soap Well-Known Member Established Member

The Megasquirt setup is very enticing!!

--Joe

9. decipha

I had issues with IDs back in the day haven't had any issues with them lately though.

Its always left a bad impression with me though I'd rather not use IDs if its my choice.