Let's talk grills

hoamskilet

Established Member
So who on here has multiple grills?

I've got a weber genesis propane grill that I've had for about 10 years now. It's still in great shape, makes great food, and love the convenience of turning on the propane and ready to go.....so it's not going anywhere.

But my eyes are wandering. I'd love to get a pellet smoker someday. I've had an itch to get a Weber Kettle for when I have the time to mess with charcoal and get that charcoal flavor (smells and tastes so damn good). I've also considered one of the propane griddles....would be nice to have for cooking foods that normally would smell up the house when cooking on the stove lol.

So what are you guys cooking with? Who's got multiple different kinds of grills?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

02Toner

Established Member
I have a Weber genesis and a Pit Boss pellet smoker. Best of both worlds. Quick propane for burgers or brats, but then the pellet smoker for all of our real BBQ (ribs, butts, STL style pork steaks). Using the pellet smoker almost seems unfair, it's so easy and makes amazing BBQ, set it on 225 and walk away.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i have a weber genesis and a smokey mountain. Ive actually got the smokey mountain for sale right now, I just dont use it because it's not convenient. Ive got a few family members with pellet smokers and they're so easy, thats probably what I'll end up doing.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had the same 22" Weber Kettle grill for the last 10 years and a Char-Broil Big Easy no oil turkey fryer. Im looking at picking up a Char-Broil Tru Infrared gas grill. I love my charcoal Weber but its just so fast and easy to cook with a gas grill and thats why I want to add one to my lineup so I can grill more often. No plans on getting rid of my Weber, I just picked up a new grate for it last week.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Buddy just got the 700, thing is nice as hell. Puts on the meat and heads to work, monitors it from there all day.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Buddy just got the 700, thing is nice as hell. Puts on the meat and heads to work, monitors it from there all day.
This is exactly why I want one. As much as I'd love to spend a Saturday sippin bourbon and fiddling with a traditional smoker, I just never have that kind of free time

My94GT

Established Member
I bought a Traeger ironwood 650 last summer and haven’t looked back since. I use it for everything I would grille and cook in the over since basically it is just a wood fire oven.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
This is exactly why I want one. As much as I'd love to spend a Saturday sippin bourbon and fiddling with a traditional smoker, I just never have that kind of free time

Check the website every so often and wait for an accessory sale. I got 30% and got the shelf, grill grates, cover, grill grates grate tool and three or four bags of pellets.

steve-099xlt

Established Member
Have a weber genesis, and a weber kettle for the rare occasion I get a weekend off and can smoke some stuff. Also have an electric smoker I haven't used in years. Good friend of mine just got a traeger pellet grill that I'm jealous of. It'll be my next grill for sure.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member

He used to cater and has downsized but loves it. Think he spend $1400 for the smoker, box, cover and other accessories. The WiFi is so nice, plug the probes in and walk away. I think pellet holder was 40lbs, supposed to be able to supply the auger wide open for 24hrs straight. I’m jelly, might consider one myself in the coming year.

Adower

Established Member
So who on here has multiple grills?

I've got a weber genesis propane grill that I've had for about 10 years now. It's still in great shape, makes great food, and love the convenience of turning on the propane and ready to go.....so it's not going anywhere.

But my eyes are wandering. I'd love to get a pellet smoker someday. I've had an itch to get a Weber Kettle for when I have the time to mess with charcoal and get that charcoal flavor (smells and tastes so damn good). I've also considered one of the propane griddles....would be nice to have for cooking foods that normally would smell up the house when cooking on the stove lol.

So what are you guys cooking with? Who's got multiple different kinds of grills?

If you’re just wanting a smoker then I would get a traditional stick burner. If you want a all in one type grill I’d get a bge/kamado joe.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I have a DCS gas grill that I havent lit since I got a Traeger pellet grill 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread