Let's talk garage/shop lighting

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
Mach is right high bay LEDs are what you should be looking at. I did eight 225W fixtures and the rest at 165W you need to figure out were you want them, I kept lights to the side of where I'd put a lift. I got good lighting around the lift spot but no lights to run into or be near paint. The lights I got do not get hot they get slightly warm nothing I'd worry about but I tried to keep things simple.

The 165W James High Bay, 2 Foot, 165 Watt, ZY-H5-165W
The 225W James High Bay, 4 Foot, 225 Watt, ZY-H3-225W

These are dimmable I rarely have dimmed any of the lights as was said you get used to the light fairly quickly I got 5k units. You might look at a chart for recommended foot candles for different uses it can give you a idea about how you might want to light the space up. Keep in mind if you are going to leave the walls bare like that the white insulation can help throw light for you. You also have windows which should help with natural light.

First picture is just natural light coming in through the doors second one is with all the lights on after I finished installing everything.

Attachments

• 118a.jpg
    118a.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 118e.jpg
    118e.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 77

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_1823.PNG
Thanks guys for all the input. I'm still not completely decided, but I'm leaning toward these now. I figure I will need 12; four rows of three

Users who are viewing this thread