lets talk about these modified factory lowers

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I have never seen one. Can't seem to get my hands on one. I have my factory lower sitting on a shelf and a milling machine in the shop. What's so hard about modifying these things? I just read a post where the $800 was thrown around. Shitballs! We all like these things and there's enough interest from the rest of us that didn't get them. Lets figure it out and get some going!

black 10th vert

Established Member
The ones that were offered not only had custom machined pulleys, but had a new cnc machined center (the screw in piece), as well as new bushings to replace the rubber dampeners, and powder coating, new bearing, etc. so once you go through all of the design work, fronting money for all of the machine work, and do the rebuilding, if you think you can sell them cheaper and still make money, I say good luck. There is definitely a market for them, but my guess is even at the $800 price-point it still wasn't profitable enough to be worth continuing which is why they aren't currently available...

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
The ones that were offered not only had custom machined pulleys, but had a new cnc machined center (the screw in piece), as well as new bushings to replace the rubber dampeners, and powder coating, new bearing, etc. so once you go through all of the design work, fronting money for all of the machine work, and do the rebuilding, if you think you can sell them cheaper and still make money, I say good luck. There is definitely a market for them, but my guess is even at the $800 price-point it still wasn't profitable enough to be worth continuing which is why they aren't currently available...

Good information. Like I said I hadn't ever been able to put my hands on one to see what all they entailed. Sounds like a very nice product and I wish I owned one.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Good information. Like I said I hadn't ever been able to put my hands on one to see what all they entailed. Sounds like a very nice product and I wish I owned one.

I have a 6 lb. unit with extra aux. pulley that has never been installed. You can borrow it for measurement and inspection for $1k.

Users who are viewing this thread