Lets see your FR500 wheel set ups

blumnday99

Established Member
I don't think it will, but I'm not 100% sure. I tried to put that kit on my car and ended up selling it because it wouldn't clear the rim.

The only rim I had on after stock was the FR500s (except for the ones that I've got now).

deadhorse

WCMF-38
Established Member
june2012088.jpg
june2012065.jpg
july2012171.jpg

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Just picked these up. The chrome plating on these seems to be better then the fakes. My fakes the chrome started chipping in a 6 months, these are 6 years old and have no chrome chipping.

005gjx.jpg

002ywi.jpg

DSCobra01

Established Member
I hope to be adding some pics to this thread too in the near future as I'm looking for a set of 18x9 wheels for my Cobra. Just curious as to where people are buying these wheels from nowadays (American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, Late Model Restoration etc) and for those that got chrome a few years ago, how is the chrome holding up years later. Thanks!

DSCobra01

Established Member
I'm sure it depends on how much you drive and how well you take care of them.

I agree, using them through the salt and sand of winter in PA is different than just some brake dust in CA, so good point.

If any one else has any feedback, especially where you are buying them from now, I would appreciate the guidance. I'm looking for chrome or silver for my black 01. Thanks!

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I hope to be adding some pics to this thread too in the near future as I'm looking for a set of 18x9 wheels for my Cobra. Just curious as to where people are buying these wheels from nowadays (American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, Late Model Restoration etc) and for those that got chrome a few years ago, how is the chrome holding up years later. Thanks!
I bought silver ones from late model resto. They were the best quality. DO NOT buy from wheel replicas from katy, tx. They sell junk and are a pain to deal with!! Anyways here is my old mach with silver fr500s

c722db16887927b1676da51312227f67.jpg

Last edited:

DSCobra01

Established Member
Luke, thanks for the tip and your car looks amazing. The silvers have a nice, bright look to them that I might choose it over the chrome!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Luke, thanks for the tip and your car looks amazing. The silvers have a nice, bright look to them that I might choose it over the chrome!
No problem man! & yes I really like the silver honestly. I don't think chrome flows on mach and silver goes with so many colors and just pops I think. I might be a silver wheel guy for life lol

Users who are viewing this thread