Lets see those trucks!

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
1B582047-B707-4148-8BBC-0028ED4EB24A.jpeg
1CF480E5-144B-4032-BFA7-1CEF9CED835E.jpeg
Agreed, sweet old truck. 351m or 300?

Thank you!

It originally had a 300 inline 6 but it had a bad piston. I thought of rebuilding it but I scored a 302 out of a 95 Mustang that was really healthy and I got the motor, carb, HEI distributor, and intake manifold for 600 bucks.

I have to clean up the engine compartment.

andymarkv

Established Member
Thank you!

It originally had a 300 inline 6 but it had a bad piston. I thought of rebuilding it but I scored a 302 out of a 95 Mustang that was really healthy and I got the motor, carb, HEI distributor, and intake manifold for 600 bucks.

I have to clean up the engine compartment.
AWESOME!! Dentsides are my favorite!(My first vehicle was '79 F100)
And with the V8 swap, it makes all the right noises.
I can't believe how well it shined up with just a buff job, I thought you had it painted!
I was going to comment on how clean and rust free it is...then I noticed you're in CA...very jealous of all the nice stuff you guys have out there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob!

I did a bunch of hand polishing and that made it look way better. It wasn’t till I got the “detail” guy from my work to give it a good buff to get it looking like that. If I would have gotten a true detail professional to color sand and buff it, it would come out so much better. I say “detail guy” because I work at a new car dealership and they do an alright job, they don’t spend hours on a car like this truck needs vs a new car with good paint to begin with.

I got lucky finding those wheel covers! They’re my favorite for that period on these Ford trucks.

I have other pics that I tried to upload but they’re to big apparently.
Well, they did a darned good job with the buffing. Nice score on the 302 engine from the Mustang GT. That will make this old horse run more to your likely on the road. Enjoy it!!

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
AWESOME!! Dentsides are my favorite!(My first vehicle was '79 F100)
And with the V8 swap, it makes all the right noises.
I can't believe how well it shined up with just a buff job, I thought you had it painted!
I was going to comment on how clean and rust free it is...then I noticed you're in CA...very jealous of all the nice stuff you guys have out there.

Thanks Andy! Yeah I’ve always loved dent sides. My dad had a 77 when I was a kid and I have a lot of great memories of that truck. My dad always said that his favorite truck was the 78 and 79 due to the grill which was only a 2 year run. I was born in 79 so I started looking for one.

I actually found this truck in Oregon and was worried that it would be a rust bucket but the previous owner kept it under a car port when it rained. I had him send me a bunch of pics before I bought it. There were a few other trucks in better shape and closer to me but it was the black and red paint that just kept me coming back to this one. I’m glad I chose this truck because I haven’t seen any other ones that I could find in this color combo with the original paint. It took a lot of work to get the paint where it is now and there’s still room for improvement.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
I love the 300, but that's a smoking deal on the V8.

Me too, the 300’s make a nice unique sound but for the price I couldn’t pass it up. All I had to do was get the correct engine perches and everything else just bolted right up.

Users who are viewing this thread