Lets see those trucks!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Funny you say that, was really thinking about giving those a go next...

I wasn’t a fan of them, myself. Traction in dry/wet seemed lackluster. They also wore like shit.

I’ve had mine just about a year. I like them, I didn’t hardly use 4x4 with them this past winter. I will have them rebalanced soon because it’s free and doesn’t cost anything. My only complaint is they seem just a little noisier but not much really.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Said good bye to the gladiator. The rebel is absolutely awesome. The ride is amazing.
8cc01b3432ac66ad82cf8f1b437d4922.jpg

262899d0a796ee121b60069875c88d8e.jpg

f1faffa68faef3855a89626370744d86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andymarkv

Established Member
Said good bye to the gladiator. The rebel is absolutely awesome. The ride is amazing.
Curious why you said good by to the Gladiator...?
Most of my friends who had Jeeps were DIEHARD Jeep fans...and then, they weren't.

I didn't realize you could get the Ecodiesel with the Rebel. For what the Rebel was designed to do, I thought it'd want wheel speed, better suited to the 5.7.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
When have any of 13COBRA's trucks not looked perfect?!?
And at this point, we've had a few to review! lol

He's had a few that i wouldnt own.

However that dually is nice (almost as nice as mine :p) and i also liked his F350-converted Excursion.

Some of the others.... very nice indeed, but not my style per se.

Last edited:

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Curious why you said good by to the Gladiator...?
Most of my friends who had Jeeps were DIEHARD Jeep fans...and then, they weren't.

I didn't realize you could get the Ecodiesel with the Rebel. For what the Rebel was designed to do, I thought it'd want wheel speed, better suited to the 5.7.

A few different reasons, wife and I are wanting a camper, gladiator can’t pull anything, at least efficiently. Not to mention the 12mpg, cabin noise and rough ride was getting old as it was my DD. I waited a long time for the gladiator, been waiting since concepts started coming out in 2006-2007. Once I had it, it wasn’t what I thought it would be. Absolutely dog shit slow. The 3.6 is garbage in the gladiator, It needs the 5.7. The steering was horrible even after the new steel box was installed. Im all about jeeps still I will never get rid of my 1986 Comanche.

If the gladiator was a weekend toy I would have never gotten rid of it. It would be in the garage next to my Comanche, however at $55k I can’t afford to do that.

The rebel checked all my boxes. Still off-road capable to an extent, can tow/haul more than I need, plenty of interior room, fantastic smooth quiet ride and so far it’s averaging 22mpg city driving.

The fact that the gladiator ended up getting a 3.5” lift, pretty aggressive shocks, adjustable control arms, and 37s certainly didn’t help any of the problems I listed above. But even from day 1 it felt underpowered and I just tried to look past it because it was something I had wanted for so long. I was looking at the rebels at the time I was looking for a gladiator. Had I driven a rebel I would have never gotten the gladiator.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A few different reasons, wife and I are wanting a camper, gladiator can’t pull anything, at least efficiently. Not to mention the 12mpg, cabin noise and rough ride was getting old as it was my DD. I waited a long time for the gladiator, been waiting since concepts started coming out in 2006-2007. Once I had it, it wasn’t what I thought it would be. Absolutely dog shit slow. The 3.6 is garbage in the gladiator, It needs the 5.7. The steering was horrible even after the new steel box was installed. Im all about jeeps still I will never get rid of my 1986 Comanche.

If the gladiator was a weekend toy I would have never gotten rid of it. It would be in the garage next to my Comanche, however at $55k I can’t afford to do that.

The rebel checked all my boxes. Still off-road capable to an extent, can tow/haul more than I need, plenty of interior room, fantastic smooth quiet ride and so far it’s averaging 22mpg city driving.

The fact that the gladiator ended up getting a 3.5” lift, pretty aggressive shocks, adjustable control arms, and 37s certainly didn’t help any of the problems I listed above. But even from day 1 it felt underpowered and I just tried to look past it because it was something I had wanted for so long. I was looking at the rebels at the time I was looking for a gladiator. Had I driven a rebel I would have never gotten the gladiator.

Probably a smart move.

You would have hated the Glad even more if you towed with it. They tow like absolute dog shit.... dangerous, actually.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Probably a smart move.

You would have hated the Glad even more if you towed with it. They tow like absolute dog shit.... dangerous, actually.

Yep I used it to pull my Comanche on my buddies car trailer and it was down right dangerous. Maybe down the road I’ll have another one as a weekend toy. This rebel is amazing I absolutely love it.

Got it tinted today. Ceramic coat next week and that’s it.

ef180c938418c7b1156a3c539d74b26b.jpg

d71d1141ebec25ffd8e9e91145801ee3.jpg

andymarkv

Established Member
A few different reasons, wife and I are wanting a camper, gladiator can’t pull anything, at least efficiently. Not to mention the 12mpg, cabin noise and rough ride was getting old as it was my DD.
Thanks for the feedback!
My sister just bought a new Sahara 4xE and mother inlaw just got a Gladiator Rubicon.
Both asked my opinion before purchase and I told them about the negative attributes, but ultimately they were in love with how they look.

I think you'll love the Rebel! My buddy wants one...but after seeing the Rebel GT with TRX bits(console shifter, CAI, exhaust) he's try to hold out till next year.

Users who are viewing this thread