Lets see those trucks!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What size wheels/tires?

Sent from my Potato

Size small lol. Wheels are 17s.. the tire is a 235/85r17. I plan to go to that Mickey baja boss AT in a 255/85r17 which is about a 34" tire.

Cant go too big on tire or lift due to towing a 5er.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Size small lol. Wheels are 17s.. the tire is a 235/85r17. I plan to go to that Mickey baja boss AT in a 255/85r17 which is about a 34" tire.

Cant go too big on tire or lift due to towing a 5er.

Gotcha.

I bought a dually and am getting it done next week. Going with 20" wheels, and the T/A K02 325/60s.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did not like the K02’s on my truck. Wet performance sucked, wear sucked, and any mud they became useless.
I like how they look. For 5k miles they'll be fine haha

Almost went with semi tires.

Sent from my Potato

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Did not like the K02’s on my truck. Wet performance sucked, wear sucked, and any mud they became useless.

I like how they look. For 5k miles they'll be fine haha

Almost went with semi tires.

Sent from my Potato

I’m a fan of Nitto Ridge Grapplers myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Funny you say that, was really thinking about giving those a go next...

I’m a fan of Nitto Ridge Grapplers myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t a fan of them, myself. Traction in dry/wet seemed lackluster. They also wore like shit.

C2tuck

Established Member
Funny you say that, was really thinking about giving those a go next...

I wasn’t a fan of them, myself. Traction in dry/wet seemed lackluster. They also wore like shit.

I’ve got them on my 250 now and they are fine, just gotta keep up with rotations.

Best ever we’re my AT2’s. I put 60k mikes on them, then sold them for $500 with a little under half tread. Probably what I’ll go back with next time.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve got them on my 250 now and they are fine, just gotta keep up with rotations.

Best ever we’re my AT2’s. I put 60k mikes on them, then sold them for $500 with a little under half tread. Probably what I’ll go back with next time.

I have these right now... decent dry traction, great in mud, ride stiff, have worn like metal, tough as nails, but are terrible in the wet. I actually have a screw that tried to make its way into the tire and only made it about 0.5” before it got bent to shit. Lol

23A4127F-D452-4AD0-900C-701CC875B810.jpeg

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So far I’m really liking the KM3’s I have now. Wet/mud traction is great, don’t know about wear yet since I have less than 5k miles on them. They are definitely louder than the K02’s but not annoyingly loud.

andymarkv

Established Member
Did you figure out if you can run a 255/85r17 without a rear spacer?

Thanks for mentioning the Baja Boss AT's! Somehow I missed M/T had a new tire out.
On paper they look perfect: 18.5/32's of tread, snow rated, deeper side biters for more aggressive look, asymmetrical tread pattern for reduced noise, 50K tread wear warranty...
Curious to see some real world feedback

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you figure out if you can run a 255/85r17 without a rear spacer?

Thanks for mentioning the Baja Boss AT's! Somehow I missed M/T had a new tire out.
On paper they look perfect: 18.5/32's of tread, snow rated, deeper side biters for more aggressive look, asymmetrical tread pattern for reduced noise, 50K tread wear warranty...
Curious to see some real world feedback

Exactly. They might be the perfect tire for 17" DRW guys.

With a 255, you may not need a spacer. Then again, i run my rears at about 45 psi to get full tread contact so i'll have to see how that plays out.

The 255 is about 3/4" wider than a 235 but there is over an inch space between my rears now.

I think worse case, you could install a .25" spacer keeping the factory lugs and call it a day.

IMO wide tires on dually's look like shit so the 255 should be a great option and with the 85 ratio, it should be tall enough to fill up that gap.

C2tuck

Established Member
I have these right now... decent dry traction, great in mud, ride stiff, have worn like metal, tough as nails, but are terrible in the wet. I actually have a screw that tried to make its way into the tire and only made it about 0.5” before it got bent to shit. Lol

View attachment 1716974

That’s true. I forgot the AT2’s sucked on wet roads. My trucks ass end came around @ 80 on hwy 20 once and I about shit myself lol.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I had the Mud grapplers on my Jeep and even with care and daily use, the dry rot and chunks of tread broke off them.

I switch to KM2 and KM3 with the same issues with the tread breaking apart (but no dry rot).

Now all I use are Mickey Thompsons MTZ or ATZ.

Users who are viewing this thread