Lets see those trucks!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you sticking with the Corvette covers? What a beast your Comanche is going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Paid it off last month. Gonna look more into the on3 kit or just go whipple.

Attachments

• E969372D-DDE2-48DF-A9A1-97758BBEE768.jpeg
    E969372D-DDE2-48DF-A9A1-97758BBEE768.jpeg
    658 KB · Views: 168

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Why are the regular cab shot bed trucks with the coyote so expensive? Used ones in the 30's up to 40k.
I bought mine when the rcsb 5.0s where unicorns. Early 2016. I have seen base XL rcbs with the 5.0 as low as 29k. Mine is a loaded xlt with all the options you can put on a rcsb and it came out to 41k. 4x4s are about 4k more. Also, the regular cabs have less incentives than your average 4 door truck.

there are or were some dealers that would sell a dealer "Lightning" for less than 40k. With the intro of the 10spd these trucks are becoming more and more popular even among the die hard chevy fans.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I bought mine when the rcsb 5.0s where unicorns. Early 2016. I have seen base XL rcbs with the 5.0 as low as 29k. Mine is a loaded xlt with all the options you can put on a rcsb and it came out to 41k. 4x4s are about 4k more. Also, the regular cabs have less incentives than your average 4 door truck.

there are or were some dealers that would sell a dealer "Lightning" for less than 40k. With the intro of the 10spd these trucks are becoming more and more popular even among the die hard chevy fans.
I was just surprised once I started looking, thought new would be low 30's used in the 20's depending on miles. I really would like a 2018 and up, I might just wait a year of so let this chip thing play out first. Thanks for the information.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, yes and YES!!! Been waiting for more updates on this thing! Looks AWESOME! They must be around 3200lbs....? Should be a ripper!
What trans is going in it again....?

I’m gonna start a build thread tomorrow it seems like there is a decent amount of interest here. I can’t wait bro this has been a 10+ year goal. 4L60E with a pressure bump for firmer shifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you sticking with the Corvette covers? What a beast your Comanche is going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Ya for now I’m going to Bob. Trying to get my brother in law to 3D print some for me that Say Comanche

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Yes and no.

TBI in and of itself is fantastic. I love them. THe 95, however, was the year right before CSFI Vortec motors which, as you know, brought MUCH better vortec heads and the "spider" injection system with a more true "high" pressure fuel injection.

The 95 TBI was a bastard one-year only system with smaller TBI injectors, but higher fuel pressure as GM experimented with the switch to eventual Vortec in 96. You are correct in that the fuel pressure/fuel pump was not sufficient in early years (88-94) being that the base pressure was 11-13 psi but in 95, the pressure was raised albeit with smaller injectors.

Long story short, the 95 TBI systems suck massive balls. They all lay over around the 3500 rpm mark (even the big block TBI stuff) but the 95s lay over HARD. It is very noticeable.

Ive owned more of these trucks than i can count and when im looking for one, it is either a <94 truck or a 96+ vortec. No 95's unless its show quality clean!! lol

This is my current dd and it is a 97. Has fantastic power and is averaging about 16 mpg overall per tank. Love this truck!

View attachment 1699114

View attachment 1699115

View attachment 1699116

Ill have to pick your brain some time. About to start my 94 C1500 project. My buddy has a vortec crate motor but doesnt seem worth the money and hassle for small power/mpg gains. Not planning to go for power, just a clean cruiser. Id love to put a 6.0 but California…

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill have to pick your brain some time. About to start my 94 C1500 project. My buddy has a vortec crate motor but doesnt seem worth the money and hassle for small power/mpg gains. Not planning to go for power, just a clean cruiser. Id love to put a 6.0 but California…

When your motivation is all gone, hit me up. I'll bring over my flat bed trailer. :p

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ya for now I’m going to Bob. Trying to get my brother in law to 3D print some for me that Say Comanche.

THAT'S a great idea. Never thought of 3D printing. It can be tough finding stuff like that to suit your needs. 3D printings can allow you to pretty much design your own.

Users who are viewing this thread